Status updates let you share what’s going right now with others in Exchange. You can add links, pictures, or @mention someone, a place, or a piece of content to increase the visibility of your update.
To create a status update:
- Click in the What's Going On? field at the top of your What Matters: Activity page. The field expands and gives you buttons to Post, upload a photo, and @mention.
- Enter your update and include any photos or @mentions you'd like to include.
- Include tags if you’d like your status update to be searchable later. Entering # before a word in your status update turns that word into a tag.
- Click the Post button to post your update.
- Your update will appear in the activity streams of people who are following you and anyone who you @mention. It will also appear in the activity streams of the people who are following a group or piece of content you @ mention.
- For more on @ see What is @mention and how do I use it?
Next lesson: Connecting to people