Discussions allow you to ask a question, ask for suggestions, state an observation or assertion to get feedback, or report a problem. Members of Exchange can contribute by posting replies.
To start a discussion:
- Click Create > Discussion, or if you are already in a group, space, or project, click Start a discussion from the Actions menu on the right.
- If you clicked Create > Discussion, you'll need to choose a place to post your discussion.
- To create a private discussion and invite specific people, click the Private Discussion link, then add names to the Participants field, or click the Select People link and choose from all of the people in your community. Click Add Selected People to return to the discussion page.
- To start your discussion in a group, space, or project, click a place from the list of Your recently selected places or click the Browse for more locationslink. Click on a place from the list to select it.
- Enter a title for your discussion in the field at the top.
- Your discussion can be marked as a question to encourage people to answer for points. If your goal is to start a discussion but not look for a correct answer, leave the Mark this discussion as a question box unchecked.
- Write your discussion in the content field. You can format your text however you’d like, insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, or tables.
- Spellcheck your discussion or view your content in HTML by clicking the icons in the upper right corner of the content field.
- To attach files, click the Browse button beneath the content field and select the files you want to upload.
- Add relevant tags to the Tags field so your discussion is easily searchable.
- Click the Post Message button to post your discussion.
- People can respond to your discussion by clicking the Reply button in the lower right corner of the content field.
- When someone responds to your discussion with an answer you deem correct or helpful, click the Correct Answer or Helpful Answer button to award points for their response.
- Once your discussion is posted, you can manage it using the Actions menu on the right.