This week Ariba Discovery was full of attention-grabbing buyer postings. Back to school buying needs were the most popular posts of the week including: notebook computers, iPods, headphones, lunchboxes, backpacks, school dresses, calculators, school uniforms, art supplies, and tablet computers. In addition to these typical posts, there were also some interesting buyer requirements posted as well. Read on to see this week’s top 10 most interesting posts. Be sure to check out last week’s list for even more amusing posts.
10. Rhinestone flip flops – The owner of a brand new women’s boutique in Arizona is looking for a supplier of wholesale footwear. The buyer is specifically in search of flip flop style shoes, both leather and fabric straps. The straps should be embellished with rhinestones. All colors and sizes are needed.
9. Workout gloves – A fitness company based in Florida is seeking a workout glove and headband manufacturer. The buyer is looking to have this glove manufactured using a stretchy spandex mix/sweat absorbent material as well as a terry cloth material. This is a fingerless glove design and specifications are attached within the post.
8. Bocce ball court construction – A community center in Florida is seeking the services of a construction company that can build recreational outdoor games. The community center is especially looking to have a bocce ball court built on their facilities. This is approximately 90 feet x 12 feet. This has to have either a sand or gravel field of play in the game area. They are only interested in construction companies based in Florida.
7. Vintage Nintendo – An online reseller of video games systems based in Wisconsin is in need of a supplier of vintage Nintendo systems. The buyer is looking for the following models: NES, Super-Nintendo & N64. They would also be interested in popular video game titles, manuals, and art.
6. Bourbon – The owner of a confectionary is in search of a supplier of spirits. This confectioner is precisely looking for bourbon in large barrels. The bourbon should be shipped to their commercial kitchen in New York. The brand of bourbon is not important, but a competitive price is a must.
5. Coin exchange machines – The owner of a launder mat in Florida is looking for a supplier of coin exchange machines. The machines should be free standing and secure. The machines need to be able to exchange $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills into coins.
4. Taxi tires – A company in Singapore is looking for a supplier of tires for taxis. This is a large contract, worth between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000. The contract period is for the entire 2015 year. There are a variety of sizes needed and specifics will be provided later. Right now the buyer is simply trying to identify suppliers capable of supplying the tires in Singapore.
3. Shipping and logistics services – A large bank in India is looking for vendors who can provide a total solution to storage, packaging and courier services. A total solution means: Air Mode courier charges, cost of normal packing material (cello tapes, PVC sheets, bubble wrap, nylon sheets), dedicated storage place, dedicated customer service executive for complaint resolution, complete sticker printing, and other such related services.
2. Colored contact lenses – The owner of an online boutique based in Texas is seeking a supplier of fashion items. The buyer is precisely looking for a supplier of colored contact lenses. All colors and brands are needed, but competitive wholesale prices are very important.
1. Church clothes – The owner of an online boutique based in South Carolina is looking for a supplier of fashion clothing for resale. The buyer is specifically looking for dresses that are suitable for church. All materials, sizes, colors, and patterns are needed. Some of the brands the buyer is interested in are Chanel, Michael Kors, and Coach. All “urban styles” of dresses will be considered.
Are you interested in learning more about any of these buying requests? If so, simply click on the link embedded in each post description to review the public posting. If you are a supplier that can fulfill any of the requirements be sure to respond to the buyer right away. And remember, stay tuned next week for more of “Ariba Discovery’s Top 10 Interesting Posts of the Week” or visit Ariba Discovery now to find additional buyer postings.