What is in an Approval Rule?
Configurable approval rules provide browser-based management of all aspects of approval process creation and deployment. For each type of approvable document (also referred to as an approvable), you can build a flow diagram of approval rules, defining the conditions and actions for each rule. Lastly, you can then test the approval process by previewing approval flows generated for selected test approvables.
- Graphical representation of approval processes allows you to clearly see and manipulate the behavior of approval rules.
- You can manage approval processes from one location in the user interface.
- Approval process management includes versioning and audit-tracking of successive changes.
- A default set of predefined approval processes is available for you to use, copy, and customize. You can also create new approval processes with simple or complex behaviors.
- You can create approval processes for eForms
- When defining each approval rule in an approval process, you can use predefined conditions or build your own. You can base conditions on out-of-the-box fields, flex fields, and flex master data associated with the approvable. (Flex master data is a flexible data structure designed specifically for your site.)
- You can configure approval rules to generate approval requests based on data in an approver lookup table.
- You can filter generated approval requests using predefined filter rules such as Remove Duplicates.
- Approvable edit rules let you configure the policy for editing approvables that have already entered the approval process.
- You can configure the approval processes for collaborative requisitions (Ariba Procure-to-Pay, Ariba Procure-to-Order) and shopping cart approval processes (Ariba Procurement Content) to require that purchasing agents collaborate with a minimum number of suppliers and receive their bids before completing the purchasing process.
For more information, reach out to your Customer Manager (CEx)!