What is a PCard?
- PCards are charge cards issued by a bank or other financial institution for Business-to-Business purchasing of goods and services.
- PCards are typically targeted at low dollar purchases, which account for a high percentage of transactions.
- PCards usage is similar to a personal credit card.
- PCard is an electronic method where the supplier receives payment directly from the bank
- Invoice is another alternative to request payment but works differently.
Purchasing Functional Excellence
Corporate Indirect Purchasing
PCard Benefits for Buyers
- Improved payment and reconciliation .
- Faster delivery of goods or services.
- Better control over spending.
- Elimination of invoice processing .
- Simpler accounting since charges are delivered on a consolidated invoice.
- Increased accountability since charges can be matched to one order .