8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 10:09 AM by Tommy Lee RSS

SAP-ARIBA Integration

charissma famillaran Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I'm new to ARIBA and was delegated the task to integrate our own SAP ERP 6.0 EhP4 to ARIBA.

I cant seem to find any document in the internet on how to do this.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

If you have some documents regarding this, I woul really appreciate it if maybe you can share it with me?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

geunrisse

• Re: SAP-ARIBA Integration
    Tommy Lee Ariba Contributor

Hi Geunrisse,

Can you elaborate on which business process you are trying to automate or enhance and someone should be able to point you in the right direction?

There are many solutions, but as an example, enhancing the catalog usability for SAP would require the Procurement Content solution:

http://www.ariba.com/solutions/procurement/procurementcontent.cfm

Also, if you are a current customer, you should be able to register on our support site for specific documentation:

https://connect.ariba.com

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Tommy

charissma famillaran Novice

Hi Tommy,

We are planning to integrate Ariba Buyer to SAP ERP 6.0 through SAP PI 7.1.

Is this information enough? Please let me know if there are other requirements from my side so I can provide them to you.

Thanks much!

Regards,

Cha Cha

Hi Cha Cha,

Integration from Ariba Buyer to SAP consists of:

1) Master Data required to faciliate the transaction (i.e, accounting, material groups, vendors, etc.)

2) The Transaction Data itself (i.e., PO's or Payments sent to SAP)

For integration through Netweaver, the integration process looks as follows and for basic integrations (i.e., no customized fields), we provide the Netweaver mappings are provided.

p2p_diagram.png

Our support documentation and integration guides (available for customers on http://connect.ariba.com)  outline the installation process along with some of the configuration options.  For example, one configuration option might be whether you want the supplier to receive the PO out of SAP (i.e., ERP ordering), or whether PO's will be first received through the Ariba Network and then sent to SAP for informational purposes. (known as a CC:DO orderering)

Hope this gets you started.  BTW, are you planning to use the On-Premise or On-Demand version of Buyer?

Thanks,

Tommy

David Anderson Apprentice

Hello Tommy,

I do not want to take over this discussion but I am solutioning for Ellipse instead of SAP and would value your input.

David.

Hi David,

I am not familiar with Ellipse.  Can you describe the capabilities.   Is it a point solution, an integration tool, or a platform?

Integrating a third-party tool with Buyer can be done if the tool can export data as "csv" files.  Webserivce integrationis also an option for specific  transaction types (Requisition, Purchase Order, Payment Request)

Thanks,

Tommy

Hello Tommy, Ellipse is an ERP which has req, po, rec, and invoice transactions. I have heard of sending csv files from Ariba (on-demand) which seams abit old school and alot of work in mapping the data into a usable format. What are the webservice options? I would have thought there would be a process to get the data (history) off the cloud if required? David.

Yes, you can set up Ariba Buyer On-Demand (P2P or P2O) to export transaction data using webserivces.  In the On-Demand configuration you specify the end point and generate a WSDL for the transaction.  The ERP or EI tool needs to be able to read the WSDL and perform the mappings to the format required by the solution.  Is you use SAP ERP, our solution provides the standard Netweaver mappings.

As for getting data off the cloud, this is a good question.  How do you get your data off of any Software service like Facebook or LinkedIn?  It really depends on the functionality provided in the solution as they most likely are not going to give you direct access to the database or business objects behind the scenes.

For the Ariba On-Demand solution, they are reporting tools which provide UI export capabilities and standard export tasks included which an adminsitrator can run to get a copy of data.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Tommy

I would be interested in knowing this as I can not find this information. The big question here is what data needs to be sent back to the ERP. For example just send the invoice for GL or do we send all transactions expecially actuals  for accrual accounting.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 4 points