15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 8:26 PM by Ceylan Thomson RSS

Where do I go to get started?

Christopher D'Ottavio Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, I just started today and I was directed here by the bank that I am trying to submit my vendor information to. I'm not sure where I was supposed to go if I'm even in the right place.

Thanks!

• Re: Where do I go to get started?
    Gavin Chen Novice

Hi Christopher,

Do you mean vendor upload in "Supplier Enablement Automation"?

Chris Ervin Novice

I am new to the community as well. How do I receive notification as to when a new opportunity is available for my company to bid on? We supply security door hardware along with access control and IP based video surveillance.

AribaMax Master

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community!

If you just sign up on the Ariba Commerce Network as a Seller, advertising your offerings and using the platform to search for potential buyers, that would be the first step.

From your seller console, you can search for Buyer's RFQs and respond and bid. In your case, you should be able to see the Bank's RFQs (if any) and take it from there.

Even if you don't find a suitable Buyer looking for your products today, some potential buyers would be able to find you through the Discovery.

But, if you are completely new to the entire Ariba platform and network, I would suggest you to get in touch with your company's point of contact from Ariba.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shashi

Ceylan Thomson Ariba Contributor

Chris,

Not sure if you saw my previous comment on this thread. To receive a notification for every new buying opportunity that matches your business, go to Ariba Discovery and register your company as a supplier. To receive matches for security door hardware or access control and IP based video surveillance, make sure to add commodities to your profile that buyers might pick when describing their buying needs. You can browse commodities or search by keyword and add the ones that fit your company's offering. You'll want to spend some time selecting the right commodities since that's really the basis of how we match you to buyer postings. I suggest you start broad by selecting as many possibly relevant commodities as you find. Once you get a feeling for the types of matches that come in, you can always reduce the number of commodities.

- Ceylan

Ceylan Thomson Ariba Contributor

You can get an email notification every time a buyer has posted a new buying need. Simply go to Ariba Discovery (http://discovery.ariba.com) and register your profile. If you already have an Ariba seller account, simply log in to the Collaboration Console and click on the "LEADS" tab. Make sure to complete your profile and add all the commodities that apply to your business - you will get matched to buyer postings based on your selection. With over $450M of business posted on Ariba Discovery every month, it's an easy way to get access to leads with some of the largest buying organizations.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 4 points