3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 1:42 PM by David Morel RSS

Uploading Lots and Line Items in RFP.

Raghu Prasad B R Novice
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

we have thousands of line items in the system that needs to be manually entered to compare the prices across suppliers into Ariba. if not this way the only way is to send a document with all the line items along with the RFP to all the suppliers and do a manual comparison post supplier responses for better pricing on excel or so. however i would want to know if there is a good way of uploading 1000's of line items into Ariba and do the price comparison for all the supplier responses.

regards

Bharadwaz

• Re: Uploading Lots and Line Items in RFP.
    David Morel Ariba Contributor

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do. We have the ability to import items into an event via excel.  Once you have built your event, and suppliers have bid, you can compare the responses.  Is that what you are trying to do?

Raghu Prasad B R Novice

Hi David, as said in my earlier post i am looking to export 1000s of line items in a hierarchical structure. however Ariba's inability to have more than 1000 line items is limiting us. Also entering all the 1000 line items manually every time is not a scalable solution. I was trying to see if there is a solution by which i can upload line items in a sourcing event.

David Morel Ariba Contributor

Yes, at this time the limit is 1000 line items. We are looking to expand that in the 14s1 release, but the content for the release hasn't been finalized, so I can't definitively say if it will make the release or not. And to answer your question, yes, you can build your event via an excel upload into the system. That is really the only way you could build such an event. Feel free to reach out to Support if you need assistance with the excel import feature.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 4 points