While I'm no Billy Crystal, I do have the great honor of hosting Ariba LIVE, the business commerce world's equivalent of the Academy Awards. Like the Oscars, Ariba LIVE showcases the must-see stars of procurement and finance. It also gives attendees an entertaining and educational look into strategies for sourcing, procurement, invoicing, and working capital management success. And it offers a unique opportunity to network with your peers and forge new trading relationships.
This year, the headliners for Ariba LIVE Las Vegas read like a who's who of procurement, finance, and business. Some highlights from the General Session:
- Anglo American Head of Supply Chain Strategy Susan Lasecki-Corio will showcase the mining giant's global supply chain transformation, including how supplier development and sustainable procurement practices are cornerstones of their success. Susan will be joined by a special guest that will bring home the far-reaching and positive impact of Anglo American's supply program.
- Spotlight keynote Vivek Kundra, the first-ever United States Chief Information Officer (CIO), will provide a behind the scenes look at the country's IT infrastructure and how his Cloud-first strategy has sped technology deployment, increased adoption, and enhanced information sharing between federal agencies and the public -- all while saving taxpayers $3 billion in the process. Kundra will also provide his vision for the future of enterprise computing and how next-generation cloud- and network-based solutions are enhancing transparency and collaboration in the global economy.
- Sodexo Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) Ann Oka and CIO Tony Tocco will tag team on how this food and facilities management leader has aligned procurement and IT to design an innovative supply network vision that allows them to run one of industry's most efficient and fast-turn supply chains.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Director of Shared Financial Services Al Barbee will discuss how this global pharmaceutical and healthcare leader's e-invoicing initiative has increased efficiency, enhanced compliance and discount capture, and reduced costs and improved cash flow for both GSK and its suppliers.
- Reed Elsevier CPO Leslie Campbell will reveal how the procurement and finance organizations at this Anglo-Dutch publishing stalwart dramatically increased spend under management, transformed procurement performance, and drove widespread adoption across geographically dispersed businesses.
- Dollar Tree Chief Operating Officer (COO) Gary Philbin will outline how the nation's leading single-price retailer has turned operating a cost-effective and digitally connected global supply chain network into an engine for growth. Gary will also discuss how the retailer's multifaceted working capital management strategy has driven efficiency and cash flow benefits for both Dollar Tree and its suppliers.
And, just like at the Oscars, there will be a few surprises along the way. Not to mention a pretty spectacular opening number that you won't want to miss.
...And that's just the General Session.
There's also more than 80 procurement, finance, and IT execs presenting across a host of solution, industry, and issue-specific breakout sessions. As well as a host of networking sessions where you can rub elbows with luminaries, peers, and potential trading partners. (You can find details on both here.)
I look forward to seeing you at Ariba LIVE Las Vegas. I'm sure you'll enjoy the show!