Bob Calderoni recently sent this email to all of our current On-Premise customers. It briefly describes the components of the Ariba Commerce Cloud that are relevant to our On-Premise customers and outlines that steps that we have taken with respect to supporting the On-Premise business.
For those of you that attended Ariba LIVE, you noticed a big focus on our On-Premise customers — from keynote presentations to dedicated breakouts to ad-hoc sessions. I wanted to review some of the key milestones and reinforce Ariba’s commitment to your success.
First, when we rolled out our vision for collaborative business commerce and the Ariba Commerce Cloud, some felt Ariba’s move to the Cloud was a signal that we were abandoning our On-Premise customers. On the contrary, the utility of the Ariba Commerce Cloud and the Ariba Network is accessible to and built for all customers. We have made considerable investment and innovation in the Ariba Network that can drive real efficiency and value for your organization. Some of these innovations include:
- Ariba Discovery, a new network-based business matching tool that can help you find and qualify new supplier partners in the most efficient way possible.
- Connection Solutions, a new service to identify and connect you with your existing suppliers more efficiently through the Ariba Network.
- Ariba Receivables Financing, a network-based service to allow your suppliers to accelerate their receivables without impacting your days payable outstanding (DPO) goals.
I encourage you to take advantage of these and other innovations that are already available to you. I also wanted to emphasize a number of steps we’ve taken to reaffirm our support and align with the needs of our On-Premise customers:
- We have assigned a global General Manager, Ravi Kumaraswami, to lead our On-Premise solutions business. Many of you know Ravi as he has been a long-time General Manager for our Asia-Pacific region and understands the On-Premise solutions history and our customer base.
- We have assigned a dedicated product management organization for our On-Premise solutions.
- We have increased our dedicated engineering team who are focused on driving continued innovation in your On-Premise solutions.
You will hear more about our advancements in this area in the coming weeks and months. In fact, Ravi and his team have already begun outreach to our On-Premise customers to understand the innovations you would like to see in Ariba solutions.
Customers like you have been with Ariba for years. You have helped us shape our solutions and the direction of the company. I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback and support. I look forward to working with you to drive the innovation, support, and direction of your Ariba solutions in the future.
Chairman and CEO