Where do you fit into the great social network?
It turns out that there are over 4.5 million people who use Ariba today. That’s an amazing number, and it’s growing every day.
Think about it. There are millions of people out there like you looking to gain visibility into their spend and their suppliers, source more efficiently, ensure contract compliance, procure goods and services, and manage their Invoices and Payments. GET CONNECTED w/ ARIBA !!!
If Ariba users were a U.S. city
|1||New York, New York||8,363,710|
|2||The Ariba Community||4,500,000|
|3||Los Angeles, California||3,833,995|
Source: United States Census Bureau (July 1, 2008)
Ariba's presence online in social media
Ariba Exchange <-- link
Ariba Exchange is our main hub for community interaction. Here Ariba customers can connect with others that are in spend management as well as Ariba subject matter experts, Customer Success Managers, Product Managers, etc.
Learn about best practices on how to plan, implement and oversee spend management initiatives on Ariba solutions and services
With Exchange, users can share your experience and success.
- Always-on medium to interact and gain feedback from Ariba
- Pose questions and exchange answers with Ariba and other Ariba customers, prospects, and partners
- Increase voice & visibility into roadmap
- Network with peers
LinkedIn <-- link
- Strategic Sourcing & Procurement groups can be found on LinkedIn
- A large group (20,000 members globally) that actively connects people with their peers for discussions, jobs, offline conversations and events.
- Connect w/ peers and leverage their networks; use Linked In to see past relationships/work ties to help grow your network
- Other important stuff – our Online Community Manager, Justin Fogarty, moderates a monthly call for members that digs into a member suggested topic (past calls include rising commodity prices, KPIs, vested outsourcing, indirect spend) and drives collaborative dialogue.
YouTube <-- link
- Ariba runs a YouTube channel that primarily hosts interviews with customers that we shoot at Ariba LIVE (ex. Ariba LIVE 2010 playlist) and other events. Playlists organize the content by topic and solution area. The interviews are never scripted and very conversational.
- It's a GREAT way to get unfiltered insights from your peers on a host of topics - from Ariba solutions and implementations to best practices and category strategy. These videos are well worth watching and sharing with others on your team or other business units for adoption.
- We'll be shooting and posting interviews from the Ariba Commerce Summits this fall. It's a great way for those of you who are unable to attend the event to make take advantage of some of great knowledge transfer that happens at our Ariba events.
Because better business commerce is collaborative commerce.
For more efficient and collaborative B2B commerce, you need connections. That's why the Ariba Commerce Cloud is built with communities of people and businesses whose goals match and complement yours, and who share a commitment to helping each other achieve them.
- The Ariba Network – the world's largest trading community, where you can discover, connect, and collaborate with more than 300,000 global businesses.
- Ariba Partner Programs – enhancing the Ariba Commerce Cloud's capability to improve B2B commerce with innovative financing, payment, intelligence, and other solutions.
- Ariba Exchange – the industry-leading customer community that serves as your home base for networking and knowledge sharing with your partners and peers.
So, join in and explore these communities. Take a little time to see who's doing business in the cloud, how they're affiliated, and what kind of conversations they're having. Then reach out and engage. You'll be amazed at what can happen when you're connected to the right people at the right time.
This has been another Knowledge Nugget post brought to you by Beverly Dunn.
For more information or details please feel free to contact me!