Ariba Discovery buyers have the most interesting and unique buying needs. I love reading through the posts and imagining the fascinating businesses that have such distinctive buying requirements. Last week I introduced my new blog series, fittingly titled, “Ariba Discovery’s Top Ten Interesting Posts of the Week”. I hope you enjoy reading these exciting posts as much as I have.
10. Sterling silver Moroccan charms – A buyer in Illinois is looking for a supplier of Moroccan style charms in styles called hamsa and shema. These charms are typically rose, white, and yellow gold plated, but the buyer would like the in sterling silver. The charms are typically embellished in crystals or cubic zirconia, but they have provided images of each required style for reference.
9. Composite or particleboard headboards – A small consignment store in Alabama is looking for a furniture supplier, specifically a supplier of headboards. The headboards should be made of composite or particleboards and they require all sizes: twin, full, king, and queen.
8. Floor replacement services – A company in Missouri is looking to replace a portion of flooring in the mezzanine of their warehouse. They are looking for a flooring specialist and have provided detailed drawings of the area that needs to be replaced and specifications of the specific flooring they are interested in.
7. Baby wipes – A business owner is New York is looking for a supplier of baby wipes and other personal hygiene products. The wipes do not need to be hypoallergenic but should be scented. Preferred brands include: Huggies, Luvs, and Pampers.
6. Large containers of apple sauce – A small business owner in Kentucky is looking for a supplier of apple sauce in 5 or 30 gallon containers to make condiments and jellies. The sauce should be made from red apples, and should not contain any added sugars.
5. School uniforms – As Summer is about to begin, a retailer in Illinois is already preparing for back to school and looking for a school uniform supplier. Uniforms are for both boys and girls, middle school aged, and should be khaki, gold and black. They would also like a silkscreen print of a school logo on polo shirts.
4. Vodka, gin, and whiskey – The owner of a soon-to-be-open bar in New Mexico is looking for a distributor of liquors, specifically vodka, whiskey, and gin. Some of the preferred brands include: Stoli, Jim Beam, and Mr. Boston. This buyer requires both premium and well variety liquors.
3. Large button phones – A retailer in California is looking for a supplier of landline phones with large buttons. Both corded and cordless phones are needed and any brand is acceptable.
2. Boxing gloves and hand wraps – A kickboxing fitness company is looking for a manufacturer of boxing gloves and hand wraps to supply to over 20,000 members. They prefer black and pink, 14 ounce high quality gloves.
1. Bananas – A major grocery chain is looking for $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 in bananas. They need a supplier that can ship bananas all over the world.
Are you a supplier that can fulfill any of these buying requirements? If so click on the link embedded in each post description to review the public posting and respond to the buyer. Remember to tune in next week for more of “Ariba Discovery’s Top Ten Interesting Posts of the Week” or visit Ariba Discovery now to find additional buyer postings.