This week there were tons of interesting buying needs posted on Ariba Discovery. Reading through the posts it is apparent that many business owners are preparing for summer, i.e. summertime toys, ice cream, and board shorts. But there were also some downright bizarre buying needs posted, some of which are mentioned below. Read on to see the ten most interesting posts of the week and be sure to check out the fascinating posts from last week as well as week 1.
10. Live crawfish – The owner of a seafood restaurant in Georgia is looking for a live crawfish supplier. The buyer is specifically looking for a truckload of roughly 4,000 live crawfish. They should be local, within a 100 mile radius of Augusta, Georgia.
9. Comic book collectables – An art store in New York is looking for a supplier of figurines or statues of anime and comic book characters. Some preferred brands include Funco, Yamato, and Bandai.
8. Hebrew linguist – A United States Federal Government services provider is looking to source written translation services, specifically Hebrew translators. There is no security clearance required for this contract, but the interpreters must be United States citizens.
7. Beer transportation – An Indian brewery is looking to source a closed freight container to transport cans of beer across India. They are specifically looking for a single axle, 32 or 34 foot long container, and plan to rent it for at least 12 months.
6. Commercial book printing – A print media services buyer is looking to source high-quality commercial offset printing for both soft and hard cover books. They are seeking printers in China, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
5. Manufacturing machinery robot – A tobacco company in Kansas is trying to increase efficiency in automation equipment through the use of robotics, with the goal of increasing the rate of production. They would like to speak with experts in this area that could provide and implement efficiency studies.
4. Powdered fruits and vegetables – A company in California is looking for a supplier of powdered fruits and vegetables to formulate their own nutritional product. They require non-GMO, organic powdered blueberry, aronia berry, acai, blackberry, spinach, chlorella, wheatgrass, and carrot.
3. Live Chickens – A buyer in New Jersey is looking for a supplier of live chickens. This buyer intends to purchase 30,000 live chickens in a transaction that is worth between $1 million to $5 million.
2. Universal power bank for charging cell phones – Organizers of a music festival in Colorado are looking for a supplier of power banks for charging cell phones at their music festival. The power banks need to be at least 2800 MAH. They are looking for devices compatible with all current cell phone platforms (i.e. Apple and Android). This buyer is only interested in US suppliers.
1. Water wings – The owner of a convenience store located along a river in California is looking for inflatable water wings or arm band floaties that fit around children’s biceps. They are also looking for a supplier of other plastic inflatables including inner tubes and blow up beach balls. They require inner tubes that fit one person as well as larger inner tubes that can fit two people.
Interested in learning more about any of these buying requirements? If so, click on the link embedded in each post description to review the public posting. If you are a supplier that can fulfill any of the requirements be sure to respond to the buyer right away. And remember, stay tuned next week for more of “Ariba Discovery’s Top Ten Interesting Posts of the Week” or visit Ariba Discovery now to find additional buyer postings.