School is out for summer and Ariba Discovery buyers have received the memo. Buyer postings for toys, leisure reading books, kids swimwear, and ice cream all indicate that people are preparing to keep their children cool and entertained all summer long. In addition to these expected seasonal posts, there were also many unique and attention-grabbing buying needs. Read on to see this week’s top 10 interesting posts of the week and be sure to read last week’s list for even more funny posts.
10. Calligraphy pens and colored pencils – The owner of an arts and crafts store in Wisconsin is looking for a wholesale art supply vendor. The store specifically needs colored drawing pens and calligraphy pencils. The store also needs charcoal and watercolor pencils.
9. Car show design – A buyer in India is searching for a service provider to design and execute the Customer Experience Zone inside a car show. The interior designer should be prepared to share designs for the 4,000 square foot space, the specifications are attached within the posting. Also note that there will be live displays for each product.
8. Packaging design services – A company in Oregon is seeking packaging design services for two of their product brands. Ideally, the chosen firm will also have the capabilities to create merchandising solutions to support the final packaging designs. Packaging and merchandising concepts must work in both traditional dealer locations and mass merchant retail environments. Consistency across geographies and markets is essential.
7. Fishing reels and nets – The owner of a fishing store in Mississippi is looking for a supplier of commercial fishing reels and commercial fishing nets. All brands of fishing equipment are acceptable.
6. Water treatment services – A buyer in India is looking for a provider of water treatment services. The water treatment plant specialist should have a service network across India. The services will be needed to help set up 30 water treatment plants across the country.
5. Whipped cream – A buyer in Pennsylvania is looking for a supplier of whipped cream. They are specifically looking for 15 ounce aerosol cans of whipped cream and they are estimating a total purchase price of $500,000 to $1,000,000. The whipped cream will be used for a specialty beverage program.
4. Wool yarn – A buyer in Oregon is looking for a wholesale supplier of wool yarn in addition to a variety of other yarn including animal hair and synthetic. This yarn will be used to create apparel by a startup design house.
3. Wooden boxes – An artist in Oregon is looking to purchase a variety of wooden boxes that will be used for wood burning; creating designs in wood with a small hot tool. All size wooden boxes will do including but not limited to jewelry boxes, music boxes, and more.
2. Healthcare clothing – A company in Louisiana is seeking a supplier of healthcare clothing including hospital gowns and scrubs. The hospital gowns should be a cotton/ polyester blend, 41 by 51 inches, and all sizes are needed. The scrubs should be 160 thread count, also a cotton/ polyester blend, and all sizes are needed. The company requires 100,000 units monthly.
1. Bumble bees – An agricultural supplier in Algeria is looking for a supplier of insects. They would specifically like bumble bees and require a quantity of 5,000 to be shipped to Algeria.
Are you interested in learning more about any of these buying requests? If so, click on the link embedded in each post description to review the public posting. If you are a supplier that can satisfy any of the requirements be sure to respond to the buyer right away. And remember, stay tuned next week for more of “Ariba Discovery’s Top 10 Interesting Posts of the Week” or visit Ariba Discovery now to find additional buyer postings.