The 4th of July is almost here and Ariba Discovery buyers are celebrating the holiday with camping trips over the long weekend. Buyer postings for pop-up tents, foldable camping chairs, propane and flashlight lanterns, primaloft sleeping bags, and butane or propane outdoor stoves prove that camping season has officially begun. In addition to the camping related buying needs there were also quite a few intriguing buying needs posted on Ariba Discovery. Read on to see this week’s top 10 most interesting posts. Be sure to read last week’s list for even more funny posts.
10. Skulls – The owner of a small home décor business in California is looking for a supplier of decorative skulls. These skulls, also called “calaveras”, Spanish for decorative skulls, will be resold at festivals and public events from a mobile kiosk. These ceramic skulls are typical décor for Day of the Dead or Día de Muertos in Spanish. The skulls should be small, about the size of a fist, and should be painted in vibrant colors.
9. Dental floss – The owner of a dental supply company in Colorado is seeking a dental floss supplier based locally in Colorado. All types of dental floss are needed including waxed, un-waxed, woven, and flavored. This buyer is specifically looking for name brand dental floss such as Colgate, Oral-B, and Reach.
8. Scooters – The owners of a bicycle store in Virginia are seeking scooter suppliers. These buyers are specifically looking for 50 CC scooters of all types for resale. The store provides financing and warranty work as well as parts. All brands of scooters are needed.
7. Lawnmowers – A lawn and power equipment company in Indiana is looking for a supplier of both ride-on and push lawnmowers. This buyer requires a variety of brand names of new zero turn mowers including: Scags, Toro, Husqvarna, etc. These lawnmowers will be resold in the buyer’s stores. Items must have a suggested retail price between $100.00 and $8000.00.
6. Hawaiian shirts – A small fashion startup in New York is seeking a supplier of Hawaiian style shirts. The shirts should be short sleeved button ups. The buyer is open to material suggestions for cost effectiveness and quality. The buyers have several designs they would like printed on the shirts including floral, solid, and patterned designs.
5. Night vision goggles – A private security contractor in Florida is in need of a night vision equipment supplier. The buyer is specifically seeking tactical night vision equipment and sights for CONUS operations including: PVS-14 Generation 3 - Quantity 15 units including peripherals. RAPTAR Lite ES infrared laser sight - Quantity 15 units.
4. Soccer gear – The owner of an online business based in Georgia is looking for a supplier of a variety of soccer gear. This buyer specifically needs soccer balls, cleats and shin guards. Soccer ball sizes needed are 4 and 5. All sizes and styles of soccer cleats and shin guards are needed. Both boys and girls equipment is needed. Adidas is one brand this buyer is particularly interested in but they are open to other brands.
3. Styrofoam shapes – The owner of a crafting business in New York is looking for a supplier of Styrofoam shapes for crafting. This buyer is specifically looking for balls and cones. The Styrofoam shapes should be a variety of colors.
2. Exotic dancer shoes – The owner of an adult boutique in Louisiana is looking for a supplier of exotic dancer shoes. These shoes should have very tall heels, usually 8” and up. They are often made of lucite for a see-though effect, but this buyer is interested in a variety of colors. The shoes are needed in sizes 8 to 10 ½.
1. Emergency food – The owner of a disaster or emergency preparedness company in Arizona is seeking a supplier of prepackaged food products and containers for emergency situations to resell at their retail store. The food must last longer than 3 months to a year. All sizes, styles and materials of food storage or preservation packaging are needed. Canned food is also needed.
Are you interested in learning more about any of these buying needs? If so, simply click on the link embedded in each post description to review the public posting. If you are a supplier that can fulfill any of the requirements be sure to respond to the buyer right away. And remember, stay tuned next week for more of “Ariba Discovery’s Top 10 Interesting Posts of the Week” or visit Ariba Discovery now to find additional buyer postings.