This week Ariba Discovery was jam-packed with eye-catching buyer postings. Personal electronics were the popular items of the week, with buyer postings for video surveillance systems, scanners, Apple iPad minis, mobile phones, and personal computers. In addition to these typical posts, there were also some intriguing buyer requirements posted as well. Read on to see this week’s top 10 most interesting posts. Be sure to check out last week’s list for even more amusing posts.
10. Hot dogs – A church in South Carolina is looking to purchase $1,000 to $10,000 of hot dogs for resale. The buyer is looking specifically for Carolina Slim hot dogs and will use 8 or 9 boxes each month.
9. Private security services – A company in Mexico is looking for a private security provider. The private security would patrol and respond to locations when alarms are activated. The service locations are in Mexico City and some municipalities in Mexico City including: Huixquilucan, Naucalpan, Tlalnepantla, Cuautitlan, Ecatepec, Toluca and Metepec.
8. Natural fabric dyes – A buyer for a large textile mill in India is looking to purchase $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 of natural fabric dyes. The buyer is specifically looking for VAT indigo dyes & Indigo 30% pre-reduced. The supplier will ship over an entire year.
7. Chunky salsa – A large retailer based in Pennsylvania is seeking a supplier of bulk chunky salsa. The salsa would be used for food preparation. The target unit size and packaging is 135 ounce plastic jug with a handle, screw on lid, and tamper seal. The buyer prefers medium flavor, and thick and chunky texture.
6. Sunglasses – The owner of an online boutique based in Florida is looking to purchase $10,000 to $50,000 of sunglasses for resale. The sunglasses can be any design, style, and brand.
5. Pavement – A major university in Ohio is looking to purchase over $100,000 of parking lot paving services. The contracted supplier will furnish labor, material, equipment and supervision to Seal Coat, Crack Seal & Stripe various parking lots on the Newark, OH campus as described in the specifications of the RFP. All work shall be completed by August 22, 2014.
4. Security uniforms – A Florida-based company is looking for uniform items for private policing and tactical operations. The uniform items needed are: 15 TAC.U khaki combat shirts, 15 grey tactical long sleeve button-up dress shirts, 45 grey men’s short sleeved performance polo shirts, and 45 pairs of khaki “Genuine Gear” tactical pants.
3. Padlocks – A buyer in Pennsylvania is looking for a supplier of padlocks. The padlock needs to be flat faced and free of design. One example would be the Master Lock 4120. The padlocks should be delivered to Pittsburgh by August 11th.
2. Size ring dividers – A large retailer is looking for a supplier of size dividers that go on retail rounder fixtures. These are the round plastic pieces that are marked with XS, S, M, L, XL and so on to help separate sizes of clothes hung on hangers. Size rings would be ordered for the Initial Rollout Store Kits and for the Future Replenishment Kits, in the quantities specified below. The Initial Rollout Store Kits are expected to be delivered to store in August 2014.
1. Ramen noodles – A large university in Oklahoma is looking for a bulk food supplier of ramen style Asian noodles. These shelf-stable dry noodle mixes comes in multiple varieties but the buyer is specifically looking for Nissin brand.
Are you interested in learning more about any of these buying requests? If so, just click on the link embedded in each post description to review the public posting. If you are a supplier that can fulfill any of the requirements be sure to respond to the buyer right away. And remember, stay tuned next week for more of “Ariba Discovery’s Top 10 Interesting Posts of the Week” or visit Ariba Discovery now to find additional buyer postings.