During the RFP process it is advisable to include language on supplier enablement in an effort to streamline and automate your procurement process. This will help to implement your identified savings from an RFP.
Some sample language includes E-Commerce Transactions:
- Supplier and Company acknowledge that both want to automate certain operations for purchase and sales transaction ("Transactions"), by transmitting and receiving documents ("eRouting"). The following are examples of Documents: catalogues, purchase orders ("PO"); acknowledgements; modifications to POs, advance ship notices; invoices, change orders; requests for proposal; discount acceptance notices; and proposals.
- Supplier and Company further acknowledge that eRouting of Documents can take place through the computer network of a Company-designated third party e-commerce provider ("Provider Network")
- Supplier and Company further agree that eRouting of Documents and transaction shall have the same validity and be enforced as if the original paper-based document had been sent or received. The parties agree not to contest the validity or enforceability of an electronic Document under the provisions of any law relations to whether certain agreements must be in writing and/or signed by hand of the party to be bound thereby.
- Supplier and Company further acknowledge that paper-based invoices may be rejected by Company at its sole discretion once an electronic Document has been successfully transmitted and received by either the Supplier or Company.
- Third Party e-Commerce Provider. For purposes of this section, the Provider Network will be the Ariba Supplier Network. Company may change to another third party e-Commerce provider by giving prior written notice to Supplier. Each party shall, at its own expense, provide and maintain the equipment, software and services necessary to effectively and reliably transmit and receive Documents via the designated Provider Network. In addition, Supplier shall be solely responsible for the cost of routing and storing information or Documents on the Provider Network, what information or Documents are on the Provider Network, and what information or Documents may be retrieved by Company at no additional charge to Company by Supplier.
Nima Bagheri is a Customer Success Manager with Ariba. All customers are invited to join the private Customer Success group on Ariba Exchange, where you can access the Customer Success Spotlights, Lunch 'n Learn Webinar calendar and replays, and the Ariba Knowledge Nuggets.