Where Does Everyone Fit?
|Accounts Payable||Corporate Procurement||IT||Legal||Tax||Sourcing||Line of Business (Buyers)|
|Vender master Mgt.||x|
|Support Supplier and End User||x||x||x||x||x|
As you begin to develop a Supplier Enablement Program, you will need to define the resources needed to support this ongoing. Changes to roles and responsibilities are inevitable and can span across several departments within your organization. It is important to note that traditional roles and responsibilities may not change 100%, but by the simple nature of how suppliers will transact in the future will mean a change in some of the functions performed today.
To prepare for your program changes ensure that all areas that will be affected are part of the planning process as this will ensure that internal compliance does not become a stumbling block late in the process.
Staff Your Program Adequately For Maximum Success
• Supplier Enablement lead (coordinate/fulfill the following roles) – 1FTE (ongoing less)
• Supplier master data (collection and updates) -1FTE/500 Suppliers
• Supplier communication – 0.2FTE (ongoing less)
• Internal communication on SE program/change management and compliance message – 0.25FTE (ongoing less)
• Contract and catalogs: Professional Buyer for – 5-10 hours/ contract or catalog
• Invoice related: AP Personal for - 0.5FTE for 4month per region
• cXML Integrated supplier contact + testing support – 0.5FTE per suppliers 4 weeks
Roles with outsourcing* potential
• Calling campaign
• Supplier training sessions
• Supplier support
• Progress tracking
• Technical contact person for catalogs questions
* includes shared service centers (benefits are: availibility, languages, tracking)
Beverly Dunn is a Client Engagement Executive with Ariba. All customers are invited to join the private Customer Success group on Ariba Exchange, where you can access the Customer Success Spotlights, Lunch 'n Learn Webinar calendar and replays, and the Ariba Knowledge Nuggets.