Skill Set—Job Descriptions:
The following list of skill sets are examples of what is needed or what can be considered in defining future roles.
Note: These are all taken from an Ariba client who built a SE Program while implementing Ariba Solutions. These are specific to a Supplier Enablement Program Manager or Lead Role.
Sourcing Methodology background
- Provides insight into building a supplier on-boarding process as well as when to engage teams throughout the organization.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Information Services with EDI or cXML specific knowledge
- Ability to understand Supplier EDI/cXML implementations
- Suppliers who also have certain invoice failures for example, may reach out to <<Customer>> directly with questions
- Note that suppliers utilizing these technologies can be directed to the Ariba Help Desk
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Candidate must be able to work with multiple departments and all levels of management
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to analyze issues with business documents (PO and invoice)
- Ability to analyze and determine solutions to problems that arise with business processes
Workload management skills and the ability to get engaged in complex assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Efficient with Microsoft Office suite (including Project and Visio)
- Reporting tools and applications will differ and having a good working knowledge of the entire MS Office suite will allow a variety of reporting options.
- Strong project management skills
- Supplier enablement encompasses many projects at the same time. When your organization engages with larger, more strategic suppliers, these need to be treated and organized as a project.
|When Working with Your Suppliers||When Working with Your End Users||Buyer Involvement|
Remember - Ariba is Here to Help
Leverage Ariba’s proven methodology and services team to expedite supplier enablement or use our self-service tools to manage the process in-house.
Outsource Supplier Enablement
- Experienced teams dedicated to on boarding, tracking and educating suppliers and ensuring supplier
- Accelerate the establishment of ready-to-transact supplier relationships (for portal and integrated suppliers)
- Enable large numbers of suppliers by leveraging Ariba’s organizational structures, including 24-hour support and global coverage
- Scale your supplier enablement with additional capacity from Ariba
- Easily onboard all your suppliers and achieve quicker value with those suppliers already using the
Ariba Network Self-Service Ariba Supplier Enablement Automation
- Load full vendor master file and segment into waves
- Easily assign suppliers to enablement activities and quickly create supplier accounts
- Monitor supplier progress throughout the process, and know when a supplier is ready to transact
- Add customized content to supplier enablement welcome letters
- Systematically capture and address supplier questions
- Download supplier enablement status reports for management updates
Ariba Supplier Enablement provides options for moving suppliers to an electronic process.
Leverage our proven methodology and services team to handle enablement for you or use our self-service, supplier automation tools to manage the process on your own. Based upon Ariba’s best practices expertise, these tools empower you to quickly target and enroll new suppliers to meet your objectives. Companies that partner with Ariba Supplier Enablement Services benefit from the following value-added capabilities that ensure effective and efficient trading partner collaboration.
Ariba Supplier Enablement Results
World-class organizations have enabled thousands of their global suppliers on to the Ariba Network for better business commerce.
- A global equipment manufacturer has activated more than 4,400 suppliers globally to process 90% of its global indirect spend through the Ariba Network.
- A leading computer systems manufacturer on boarded 850 EMEA suppliers within three months. About 50% of targeted suppliers were already participating in the Ariba Network, accelerating the supplier enablement process.
- A Fortune 100 energy company enabled more than 1,400 suppliers across eight SAP systems with Ariba for electronic processing of PO and non-PO invoices.
- A global entertainment company enabled more than 2,200 suppliers for PO and invoice automation, detailed remittance delivery, and dynamic discounting—reducing AP headcount by 30 percent.
Beverly Dunn is a Client Engagement Executive with Ariba. All customers are invited to join the private Customer Success group on Ariba Exchange, where you can access the Customer Success Spotlights, Lunch 'n Learn Webinar calendar and replays, and the Ariba Knowledge Nuggets.