The Next Generation of the Ariba Commerce Cloud—Seller
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the Ariba Seller Collaboration Console?
The Ariba Seller Collaboration Console is Ariba’s next generation of the Ariba Commerce Cloud specifically for our seller or supplier customers. This is the next step on our announced mission to consumerize business commerce and make commerce better for business.
2. Why is Ariba delivering this set of functionality?
This set of functionality is being delivered in order to better service both our buyer and seller customers. Our buying customers requested:
· Single supplier profiles with accurate and timely profile data and certificate information
· Better visibility into seller performance
· Easier on-boarding and usability by their supplier partners
· Access to a global community of suppliers with rich profile information
Our suppliers or selling customers requested:
· Ability to manage company profiles across multiple connections and sourcing opportunities
· Ability to manage multiple accounts and events with a single unified solution in the cloud
· A seamless user experience with linked accounts and multiple roles
· Increased visibility to real decision makers in their market
General Navigation and Administration
3. I have an Ariba Exchange ID. Can I include that in my single-sign-on?
No, Ariba Exchange is not included at this time.
4. Why can't I open multiple windows as different users the way I did in the past?
Because of the cookie management and the single-sign-on capability, you must now log off as the previous user(s) before you can log on as a new user. Additionally, you can link your user IDs so that you can switch between the users while within the applications. If you do need to open a different user concurrently, you can do so by opening a different browser (not a second browser window of the same browser).
5. Is each “registration” equivalent to creating an account? So if I still want multiple accounts, I need to complete multiple registrations, and then I can link them (parent/child) later?
Yes, sellers are free to create multiple company accounts. The number of accounts you create will depend on your distribution and integration strategy. The best practice is to create and manage as few accounts as possible. Each account can be used for multiple sales territories and sold-from units.
6. Where do I find my user information and password to update?
Users can manage their individual account information from the My Account link. To access My Account, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the window. For more information about managing your account, please see Managing Your User Account under the Using tab in Help@Ariba àProduct Documentation.
7. How do I manage my catalog content?
That hasn't changed. It is still under the Ariba Network (ORDERS & INVOICES). Click on the Catalogs tab.
8. Is the inactivity warning/auto logout time adjustable/customizable to align with our internal security requirements?
No, it cannot be customized. You have 29 minutes of inactivity before you get an inactivity warning. You will then have 1 minute to cancel the automatic logout.
9. Why is Ariba combining TOUs?
10. Do all users (even existing ones) have to accept the new TOU?
11. Why must every user accept the new TOU whereas previously, the account administrator was able to accept for the entire organization?
12. Does accepting the new TOU bind sellers/suppliers to the terms for all available seller/supplier solutions?
Accepting the new TOU will allow sellers to move seamlessly between Ariba solutions that they access to drive their procurement business processes. The new, consolidated TOU does make it possible for the seller to use four distinct Ariba services (the Ariba Network, Ariba Discovery, Ariba Sourcing, and Ariba Contract Management) by registering only once, obtaining one set of login credentials, and accepting just one TOU. However, the service-specific terms only apply to you if your company actually uses that particular service.
Managing Ariba Commerce Cloud Accounts
13. What capabilities does the Seller Collaboration Console provide?
The Seller Collaboration Console allows sellers to centrally manage their Ariba Commerce Cloud Account/Profile. Through this console, sellers are able to (1) quickly navigate to all Ariba seller solutions, (2) manage buyer relationships across those solutions, and (3) maintain their Ariba Cloud Profile.
14. What if a seller already has an Ariba Network or Ariba Commerce Cloud account?
The ability for sellers to effectively manage their account(s) across all Ariba seller solutions and buying organizations is a key feature of the Ariba Commerce Cloud. Sellers are encouraged to proactively look across their organizations to understand their current account footprint. Ariba has established the following in-product features to help sellers better manage their accounts:
a. Preexisting user accounts as part of an established Ariba Commerce Cloud account—When sellers who are participating in a sourcing event are automatically directed to the Ariba Commerce Cloud Welcome page, we will help them by matching their email address to a preexisting Ariba Commerce Cloud account. If we find a match, we will make it easy to use that account. If you have forgotten your username or password, you can utilize the Forgot Password or Forgot Username functionality to reset your password or have your username sent to your e-mail.
b. Proactive account search—As a seller, you can go to http://discovery.ariba.com and click on the Buyer tab and do a quick search (using the tab Preview Suppliers) for your company. If you find your company, then you are already part of the Ariba Commerce Cloud. Sellers are encouraged to contact the account owner to get added to their existing account. The account owner is most likely someone within their sales/marketing or accounts receivable teams.
c. Contact Ariba Support—If none of these options is successful, then you can always contact our Customer Support organization to help determine if your company has an existing Ariba Network or Ariba Commerce Cloud account. Support information is available from the Help menu in the upper right-hand corner of any Ariba screen.
15. I understand that after this release (12s1), sellers (suppliers) now manage their logins and account information in the cloud. What are the main things that sellers/suppliers need to understand so they can participate in buyer sourcing events?
As sellers access existing or new sourcing events the first time after general availability, they will be guided through the process of creating their Ariba Commerce Cloud account. This process is purposely designed to be quick and easy for the seller to complete, with in-product guidance provided at every step.
Upon accessing their Ariba Commerce Cloud Account, with a single click, sellers can navigate to the Proposals solution, where they will be presented with all the buyer sourcing relationships they have associated with that cloud account. These appear in a multi-tabbed format, with each tab representing a unique buying organization relationship. Each buyer tab contains the Seller Collaboration Console sourcing dashboard, which contains all the sourcing and contract management events and related tasks that seller user is actively participating in or has participated in in the past.
Additionally, seller users with permission to update their Ariba Cloud Profile can complete or refine the information contained in their profile. Complete and accurate profile information is important to both buying and selling organizations to help drive better collaboration across lead and sourcing opportunities. Seller users can work with their account administrator to update their permissions as needed. If sellers have questions regarding who their account administrator is, they can use the Contact Administrator feature available from the Help menu when logged in or contact Ariba Support for more information.
For additional questions or support, help is always just one click away! Help@Ariba now provides a variety of improvements based on audience and task. The help pages now present information by audience (user or administrator) with better organization of content. Additionally, expanded pre-login documentation is now available to support the seller registration and login processes.
16. Will all of the other seller users in that organization be able to see that event and participate?
No, only seller users who have been invited by the buyer to participate in the event can access it.
17. I didn't put in my existing Ariba Commerce Cloud user ID when I opened my sourcing event. Is there a way to go back and assign that sourcing event to my cloud ID?
No, you cannot go back and reassign this sourcing event to your existing user ID. You will have to use the Linking Account functionality and toggle between accounts.
18. When a seller/supplier user is participating in multiple sourcing events, does the user have to go through the registration process again for each event?
No, the user only needs to link to the same Ariba Commerce Cloud account for any subsequent buyer relationship. The automatically initiated upgrade flow allows the use of an existing account by simply providing the username and password from an existing account user. It is essential that the user link every buyer relationship to the same account in order to obtain the full value of their Seller Collaboration Console containing tabs for each relationship and their shared profile across all of their relationships.
19. Why should I link my accounts and/or profiles?
Sellers can use the Account Hierarchy to link accounts to ease the maintenance for the administrator and users with Child Account Access permission. In addition, for accounts that were created by mistake (duplicate accounts), sellers can use the Link Profile option in Account Hierarchy to further ease profile maintenance. Administrators and users with Child Account Access permission can use the Sign On to child account feature to access the child account in the role of an administrator to perform child account profile maintenance.
20. Can I unlink a previously linked account?
Yes, the administrator or users with Account Hierarchy Administration permission from the parent or child account can unlink previously linked accounts.
21. I have multiple duplicate accounts that were created by mistake. With the new linkage feature, can I consolidate accounts?
The Account Linkage feature allows sellers to link multiple accounts, creating a parent-child account hierarchy. Linking multiple accounts can help make duplicate accounts easier to manage, but does not consolidate accounts. For more information about account linkage, please see Creating Account Hierarchies under the Administration tab in Help@Ariba.
22. If I were to link an account as a child, what information is shared between the parent and child and what information isn't?
Administrators are able to determine by account what information is managed at the parent versus child account level. The parent can sign on to all its child accounts and thereby access the complete profile. In addition, for accounts that were created by mistake (duplicate accounts), sellers can use the Link Profile option in Account Hierarchy to automatically synchronize most of the account profile details from the parent to the child account.
The Account Hierarchy feature allows sellers to flexibly manage multiple/duplicate accounts. For more information about account linkage, please see Creating Account Hierarchies under the Administration tab àSeller Account Settings and Profile Configuration in Help@Ariba.
23. If I am the administrator of a child account, and we link to a parent, does the parent administrator automatically become the administrator for the child accounts, and do I lose my administration privileges?
No, the child administrator stays the same, but the parent account administrator and users with Child Account Access or Account Hierarchy Administration permission can log in with administration rights to the child account.
24. How do I link to multiple customer sourcing events across multiple customers?
Users accessing non-upgraded accounts need to have a user in an existing Ariba Commerce Cloud account and select Use Existing Account during the upgrade, which will link a single Ariba Commerce Cloud account to multiple events. If you fail to do this during the initial upgrade process, you can still link the accounts via a parent/child relationship, but you will have to toggle between the user IDs, and the customer will not appear in the consolidated Seller Collaboration Console.
25. How will Ariba detect parent/child relationships to recognize which contact user can respond on behalf of an organization and how the organizations are linked?
The seller controls their parent/child relationships and determines which accounts, if any, to link. To support this, Ariba runs matching based on core profile fields to recommend accounts for potential account linkage.
Once a parent/child relationship has been established, the parent account controls most of the shared profile fields. The buyer-specific SPQ (Supplier Profile Questionnaire) fields are controlled at the child level based on the organization that was invited to participate in the project or event. For more information on parent/child linkage, please see Help@Ariba.
26. Can more than one account administrator be assigned to my account?
No, only one account administrator can be assigned at any given time; however, you can transfer the role to another user whenever you wish.
27. Are accounts that the seller has deemed as not exposed in search results to Ariba Discovery users and Ariba Network buyers searchable for account linkage purposes?
Yes, they will still be searchable when trying to locate accounts to link.
28. I have specific customer-requested profile information. Is there a way to make this visible to other customers?
No, but Ariba will monitor frequently used custom fields/questions and enhance the shared cloud profile in the future.
29. There are two Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) numbers in my profile. Why are there two?
The D&B number in the Marketing tab is used for credit and risk information from D&B and is part of the Ariba Discovery Advantage program. The other D&B number is part of the Ariba Network and can be used for routing information.
30. When I open the Profile Editor, there are numbers besides each of the tabbed label names. What do these numbers mean?
These numbers represent the fields remaining to be completed in this tabbed section in order to bring your profile to the recommended minimal level of detail.
31. How do I prevent my profile from being discovered by buyers?
Seller account administrators and seller users with Company Information permissions can manage Profile Visibility Settings from within their Ariba Cloud Profile. For more information regarding this, please see the Administration tab in Help@Ariba.
32. Is there a certification service that can validate the certifications that I have provided?
No, not at this time.
33. If I have a child that gets a buyer-specific SPQ question, does the parent have to fill in the question?
No, a specific buyer SPQ question that is not common remains at the child level and is answered by the child.
34. If a buyer makes the common SPQ question mandatory, can a child account fill it in?
Yes, the Ariba design goal is to not block parent or child accounts from accessing events to which they’ve been explicitly invited. It is permission/parameter based, which means that the seller parent can configure their permissions so that only the parent can edit the company profile.
35. Are existing profiles consolidated as part of creating an Ariba Cloud Profile?
There will be no consolidation or overriding of profiles unless the parent profile is linked (as part of the parent/child hierarchy).
36. If a seller changes their Ariba Cloud Profile, will the buyers automatically see the updated values?
If the buyer has set the field to Autosynch, then yes. But if the buyer has set it to Buyer Approved, no automatic update will happen, but the buyer is informed about the changes and can consume the seller-provided update.