Integration supports the machine-to-machine communication required for truly touchless transacting, driving significant savings and efficiency gains for your business. It enables you to manage the source-to-pay cycle as an end-to-end process rather than a series of discrete tasks, eliminating the need for manual intervention, multiple logins, and redundant effort across disparate systems. And by giving you a single, connected platform to manage all spend, integration helps you do more with less—making it easier to analyze global purchases across categories and spend types so you can optimize procurement results.
Taking integration to the next level
It sounds great, but you need the right resources and support to get there. That’s why we’re laser-focused on delivering new features and functionality that speed and simplify the integration process. In recent months, two exciting launches have moved those efforts a giant step forward:
SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Release 9.0 (CI-9) adds major enhancements to our standard integrations, including support for new business processes in the SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing and SAP Ariba Procurement portfolios plus subcontract processes in SAP Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration. Highlights include:
- Support for the latest versions of SAP solutions and cXML, including SAP S/4HANA Finance 1605 on premise, the current enhancement pack of SAP ERP 6.0, and cXML 1.2.031
- Service items integration support for SAP Ariba Sourcing, SAP Ariba Contracts, and SAP Ariba Procurement solutions (including SAP Ariba Buying as well as SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing) integrated with SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA on premise1
- Specific integrations for Ariba Network, including:
- Subcontracting process integration in SAP Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration integrated with SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA on premise
- Document automation enhancements
- Support for third-party logistics providers
- PO compliance for the Japanese Subcontract Act
- Cross-application features, including an enhanced SAP Ariba cloud integration test tool plus component-level packaging of SAP Process Integration software components and ABAP programs
Cloud integration gateway, a powerful new capability that enables suppliers to integrate their systems with yours through Ariba Network in a fraction of the time formerly required—making the process easier, less costly, and more accessible (check out the cloud integration gateway datasheet for more info). In addition to the innovative features from the initial launch, the latest release includes support for value-added networks (VANs) along with new autocomplete capabilities to expedite buyer search.
These enhancements extend our integration capabilities across a much broader range than before, with more than 150 integration points now available:
And with plans to expand this growth trajectory, you can look forward to an increasing array of integration resources to choose from. It’s all part of our focus on creating a comprehensive integration strategy that drives big benefits for your business.
Putting your needs first: The SAP Ariba integration approach
Most companies invest heavily in their back-end infrastructure, customizing systems and solutions to make them meet unique requirements. And while this often results in a complex IT landscape, integration itself can still be simple. Our approach puts your needs at the center, with strategies that help us protect and leverage your existing solution and IT investments, minimize your integration costs, and deliver a best-in-class, seamlessly integrated procurement business process. We meet these goals through a flexible integration framework and solutions based on:
- Choice—By designing the SAP Ariba cloud integration framework to provide diverse integration options that fit into your landscape
- Openness—By using open standards and common technologies for connectivity and data exchange so you can capitalize on existing IT expertise
- Simplicity—By eliminating the need for new components, keeping the integration solution simple, and taking advantage of existing infrastructure and components
- Extensible business processes—By providing a rich portfolio of standard integrated business processes that you can extend and adapt to meet your needs
Our strategy for the future is designed around three key aims, with plans to make integration:
- Deeper with SAP solutions, providing standard integration for all SAP cloud and on-premise solutions through an approach that aligns with SAP’s cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-on-premise strategy, supports SAP standards and technologies, and leverages SAP HANA Cloud integration
- Broader with non-SAP solutions, providing integration options for Oracle, Microsoft, and other solutions by utilizing middleware, third-party partners, and SAP HANA Cloud integration
- Easier for all, delivering frictionless deployment of all integration solutions and rapid delivery of all SAP and non-SAP options
With constant attention to your feedback, we’ll continue building resources that give you more integration options, align with new solution developments, and let you integrate with increased ease and speed—so you can realize greater value from your SAP Ariba solutions both now and in the future.
You can find detailed information on CI-9 by logging in to SAP Ariba Connect and entering “SAP Ariba Cloud Integration 9.0 Release Guide” in the search box. For additional details about the integration options available for SAP Ariba solutions with SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA, the level of support provided for each, and the roadmap for new features and capabilities, read the “Integrating Ariba Cloud Solutions with SAP” white paper. And if you have questions about how integration can help your business or want help getting started, contact your customer engagement executive.
1. These features have a dependency on upcoming releases for SAP Ariba Sourcing and SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing, multi-ERP edition.