The Ariba Exchange User Community, launched last year to replace Help@Ariba, introduced a wealth of valuable new tools and resources to help you get the most out of e-commerce and your Ariba account. As this overview explains, the community’s simple navigation, speedy search, and superior support have made it easier than ever to resolve issues quickly and find the answers you need, where and when you need them.
But the good news doesn’t stop there. Now Ariba is rolling out new features and functionality to make the community even better, with enhanced access, interaction, and information that add value for all sellers. Read on to see what’s happening and how it will benefit you.
What’s changing with the community?
Several exciting upgrades are in the works, including:
- Community access everywhere. Rather than having to click “Help” and “Help Center” to access the community—requiring you to navigate away from the application you’re in—you can take advantage of a new community area that appears within every Ariba® Network application. This means that whether you’re looking at leads, proposals, contracts, orders and invoices, or anything else in your Ariba account, community resources are always right at your fingertips.
With convenient community access on every page, you can easily review context-sensitive help, connect quickly with other users, and get fast answers to questions or concerns.
- Spotlights: A new way to stay in the know. Wondering what’s new? Curious about the latest hot topics? The Spotlight feature tells you all this and more. Check out this constantly changing content for time-sensitive alerts, event or new feature announcements, or compelling questions posted by community users.
- Community help: Optimized options for information. In addition to handy, one-click access to Ariba documentation and support, the community gives you plenty of great new ways to get the information you need:
- In-depth search. Simply enter keywords or topic names in the “Search Community” field to instantly comb the entire community for specific resources. Search results appear directly within the community window, so you can review items there or click to view more results in a new window.
- Intuitive help. Ever wish you had an assistant who could read your mind? Well, with the community’s new context-sensitive help feature, you’ve got the next best thing. Within the community area, you’ll always see a list of resources—including product documentation, FAQs, tutorials, datasheets, articles, and more—directly relevant to the page you’re viewing and the task you’re performing. Intelligent automation suggests new content whenever you switch activities. For example, if you’re updating pricing in a customer’s catalog, the items you see will relate to revising catalogs, but if you then click the Inbox tab, a new array of resources will show up germane to using the inbox. Be sure to glance through the list regularly for information that can enrich your user experience, resolve problems, or answer questions—sometimes before you even realize it’s something you need to know.
- Deeper engagement through Q&A. The new “Ask Community” button lets you post questions to all community users and get answers from peers and Ariba staff. You’ll be notified via email whenever a new response arrives (you can unsubscribe to email alerts for your question at any time.) This offers a many-to-many support option that lets you leverage the knowledge and expertise of the broader community—opening the door to interesting dialogues and deepening the level of information you receive. To delve down even more, switch to full-page view, where you’ll see a list of recent questions plus a “View more questions” link that lets you view all posted queries. You can also click on a popular tag or perform a search on an area of interest, then click the “Q&A” box under “Refine” to see questions and answers posted about that topic.
- Customized user profiles: Find a friendly face. In any conversation, it’s nice to know whom you’re talking to, and the new user profile feature helps you do exactly that. Including your photo, title, and company name in your user profile adds a personal touch to your participation, giving other community members a sense of who you are while letting you do the same with them.
When will the new features be available?
Access to the new Ariba Exchange User Community is being introduced on a rolling timeframe, with all sellers scheduled for transition during the next few months. Your account administrator will be notified a short time before your account is updated.