You asked, and we answered: along with a wide array of innovations, SAP Ariba has introduced greater simplicity and transparency in Ariba Network supplier subscriptions and pricing.1
The move comes in direct response to your requests for better alignment of subscription features and costs to actual usage and value. It also takes us a giant step closer to our ultimate goal: making it easy for you and your customers to conduct commerce on a single, global platform—so you can run your business with greater effectiveness and efficiency and sell more.
Supporting faster, smoother growth
The new subscriptions have been launched in conjunction with a broad array of innovations2 that deliver powerful opportunities for collaboration and growth while enhancing functionality and results. These include:
- Ariba Spot Buy, a program that offers you direct access to the vast new sales channel generated by buyers using the Ariba Spot Buy feature—so you can bid on business and engage with customers that were previously unavailable to you.
- The soon-to-be-launched Integration Gateway that will let you “connect once” to Ariba Network to integrate quickly with any customers, supporting touchless transacting across more relationships.
- An enhanced user interface on Ariba Network, with a new dashboard that displays the most-important information you need to complete day-to-day tasks.
- The Ariba Supplier mobile app that gives you secure, on-the-go access to your Ariba Network account so you can manage transactions, find information, receive alerts, and collaborate with trading partners right from your mobile device.
- The Ariba Exchange User Community that delivers always-on, in-application access to relevant content, context-sensitive help, immediate support, and direct collaboration with other users and Ariba experts.
- The AribaPay solution, an award-winning B2B payment tool that combines detailed remittance information and end-to-end visibility into payment status with the speed and security of electronic payments.
- Ariba Collaborative Supply Chain to support real-time collaboration and complete supply chain visibility in direct materials planning and execution, helping you work more effectively with customers to make fast, informed decisions that optimize efficiency and reduce risk.
Subscription details: Greater benefits and value
As part of this focus on innovation, the subscriptions have been restructured to provide new value-added services and capabilities in several key areas:
- Marketing—with new digital achievement badges to help you showcase your e-commerce capabilities and Ariba Network expertise.
- Efficiency—with new tools through the Ariba Discovery service to support your buying needs.
- Support—with a new dedicated support channel to give top-tier suppliers access to an advanced level of support, ensuring that inquiries are routed directly to this team so you can resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- New sales opportunities—with Ariba Discovery Advantage benefits bundled into Gold and Platinum subscriptions, letting you respond to an unlimited number of sales opportunities so you can grow revenues and connect with new buyers in an active purchasing cycle.
Other improvements include:
- Value-based subscription naming—The new Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum subscription names provide a clear, easy-to-understand indication of the value and benefits offered at each level. A new Entry level has also been introduced that makes it possible to transact with customers for free via an interactive email. Buying organizations may choose to offer you this “light enablement” option as a simple, secure way to begin using Ariba Network, particularly if you’re a smaller supplier or do only a low volume of business with them.
- Subscriptions assigned by documents transacted, not financial volume—To better align costs and features to your actual usage, your subscription level is now based on the number of documents—rather than the financial volume—that you transact annually on Ariba Network.
- Subscription fee adjustments—Subscription fees have been reduced at the top two levels (Gold and Platinum) and increased at the middle (Silver) level. In addition, currency exchange rates have been updated to more accurately reflect today’s market conditions.
Of course, there’s still plenty that hasn’t changed. For example, the thresholds at which you move into a paid subscription and the parameters for transaction fees remain the same, which means:
- If you transact fewer than 5 documents or less than 50K USD3https://uex.ariba.com/node/48127?SL39NAEN#_edn3 within any one relationship annually, you’ll continue to transact at the no-cost Standard level.
- There’s no change to the .155% transaction fee for all paid subscription levels.
- Transaction fees continue to be capped at 20K USD4https://uex.ariba.com/node/48127?SL39NAEN#_edn4 annually per transacting relationship.
For additional info on the new innovations, subscriptions, and pricing—including a subscription overview, detailed fee schedule, recorded webcast, and FAQs—go to the subscription and pricing portal.
- The new subscriptions and pricing will be rolled out to all Ariba Network suppliers with accounts in good standing on a worldwide basis except in Africa, Brazil, and Chile. For information on African, Brazilian, and Chilean pricing, see the fee schedule for those regions on the subscriptions and pricing page.
- The information in this presentation is confidential and proprietary to SAP and may not be disclosed without the permission of SAP. This presentation is not subject to your license agreement or any other service or subscription agreement with SAP. SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this document or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This document, or any related presentation and SAP’s strategy and possible future developments, products and/or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this document is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This document is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP´s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
- For thresholds localized by regional currency, see the fee schedule for your area on the subscriptions and pricing page.
- For annual relationship caps localized by regional currency, see the fee schedule for your area on the subscriptions and pricing page.