5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 8:39 AM by Walter Metrich

Offsite Receiveing

jcallahan Newbie

Is there a way to do receiving from a location other than your office/PC.  Example - Using some type of handheld device, system, or method.

Thanks

• Re: Offsite Receiveing
          Walter Metrich Expert

Are you referring to capability that will allow you to configure Ariba Buyer's workflow to accommodate Central Receiving, or are you more concerned with the technology of being able to access the Buyer app using a portable device such as the iPhone?

jcallahan Newbie
              I am referring to the use of something similar to the iPhone, blackberry, etc.
                  Walter Metrich Expert

I did a quick check and was able to Receive using the iPhone's Safari browser with the Ariba 10s1 P2P application. Safari 3.2 is certified for the P2P solution (although it hasn't officially been certified for use via an iPhone), and Ariba is planning to certify Safari 4 for both P2P and 9r1 within the next service pack or two.

Are you seriously considering using the iPhone for receiving?

jcallahan Newbie

I know there is a lot of interest in being able to receive remotely from a job site and possibly even having our contractors receive for us. I am not sure what the final decision will be, part of it will be determined by what our options are.  The question was posed in a conference call so I thought I would throw it out here to see what responses I got. 

I noticed that in your response you referenced the P2P process, we are using a CD version of Buyer 8 (Not sure on the exact version).  Will that make a difference?

Walter Metrich Expert

Yes, the version of Buyer you are using is not going to be certified for use with Safari since Buyer 8 is considered a Retired Product and will reach it's end of service life on Dec 31, 2010. You will need to upgrade to Buyer 9r1 to use Safari (which should be certified for use with 9r1 SP8.)

1 of 1 people found this helpful