2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 12:18 PM by Liz Majetic

Using the Ariba Network as a bullpen for suppliers?

jlinn Apprentice

Are there any companies that direct vendors pursuing their business to the Ariba Network prior to onboarding them to their own internal Vendor List?

I heard a comment on this during the User Conference in Nashville.

Think it may be useful for all the vendor pursuers (cold calls, etc) to be directed there and then have a process to post all Sourcing Events to the Network.

Thoughts? Issues?

• Re: Using the Ariba Network as a bullpen for suppliers?
          Joe Fox Expert

We have heard a number of examples of what you are suggesting.  Also, we have seen customers who have established in their sourcing requirements that a supplier either already be a member of the Ariba Network or that they join prior to consideration.  It seems customers who do this have faster time to transacting with new suppliers from contract to first transaction.

I will try to find examples that we have heard from customers to add to any responses you get here on the Exchange.

Also, you can adjust the Supplier Profile information requested of Suppliers on the Ariba Network if there are additional pieces of information you also want to collect from these new suppliers or suppliers attempting to do business with you.

Finally, it seems more and more suppliers are joining Discovery as an additional step so they can be discovered.

• Re: Using the Ariba Network as a bullpen for suppliers?
            Liz Majetic Apprentice

Yes!   Your idea (Think it may be useful for all the vendor pursuers (cold calls, etc) to be directed there and then have a process to post all Sourcing Events to the Network.) makes perfect sense and buyers are doing that today.  Buyers are telling potential and existing suppliers to register on Ariba Discovery in order to be considered for future business opportunities.   It makes a lot of sense and benefits both the buyer and the supplier. 

Suppliers are looking to sell their products and services to buyers and buyers want an easy way to access the right suppliers for their purchases.    If suppliers register on Discovery they will be informed on a regular basis of business opportunities that match their profile from many companies not just the company that they orginally were cold calling for business. Win!   Buyers then post their needs to Discovery knowing that it will be distributed to all the relevant suppliers that they directed to register on Discovery and more.   We have over 250,000 suppliers registered on Discovery today and it's growing.   If you are interested in learning more let me know.   I am happy to help you get started with this process.