7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 10:47 AM by Srini Varadarajan

Registering and assigning suppliers to groups & extracting that data

Jack Murphy Newbie

Hello!

I am experiencing some difficulty in being able to export supplier specs from commodity groups once said supplier has registered online with the tool. We receive the notice that "A new supplier has self-registered."and I can get to their posted responses to our questionnaire and can approve their submission. I can also assign that supplier to the appropriate commodity group(s) and can review that group once saved. There does not appear to be an easy way to export that "directory" for use outside the tool.

There does not appear to be a way to review the global supplier directory that all registering suppliers become a part of in the tool that shows the commodities and or groups the suppliers wish to be associated with (or that they have been assigned to).

The only way I have been able to extract the "commodity directory" is to add the group to an initiative (an RFP for example) then export the RFP and find the supplier contact info available through the RFP.

What am I missing?...there has to be an easier way!

• Re: Registering and assigning suppliers to groups & extracting that data
          jdvorchak Apprentice

Hello Jack,

I read over the post that you made and have a few question to ask concerning this issue.

1. Do you have specific, required, questions that suppliers must fill out in the Profile Questionnaire that determines which commodity groups you assign them to?

2. When you assign users to these commodity groups, what steps do you take? I just want to make sure I understand where in the tool you are doing this.

3. Do you have permissions on your site to view the Manage -> Administration -> Import/Export links?

We have a few options that I think we can review and see if they work for you. I can provide a little more detail depending on the answers to the above questions.

Regards,

Josh Dvorchak

Team Captain, Ariba Technical Resolution Team

Jack Murphy Newbie

Thanks for your interest!

1) Yes we do and while we expect this questionnaire to evolve to a more comprehensive document, it suits its current purpose.

2) I previously created groups based on the Banks Procurement Categories and our initiatives around those categories/commodities. Once a candidate registers in the online tool, we receive a notice. Upon review of their response (in the tool) they self identify the goods &/or services they wish to provide. Based on their responses they are assigned to the corresponding group or groups. There are no sorts available in the system to capture/review suppliers in a group (or whether they belong to multiple groups) short of actually going to the group and editing the directory.

3) Yes!

Thanks again for the follow-up!

Jack Murphy

jdvorchak Apprentice

Jack,

You can export the results of the Profile Questionnaire via Administration -> Supplier and Customer Manager -> Supplier Profile Import/Export. This information could be used to group the users as you see fit. Also, you can add the specific questions from the Profile Questionnaire to search results, and search on the values entered. This will give you the suppliers that entered the data seleted within the search filters and export the result set via Excel. Please let me know if this information helps.

Regards,

Josh Dvorchak

Team Captain, Ariba Technical Resolution Team

Jack Murphy Newbie

You can export the results of the Profile Questionnaire via Administration -> Supplier and Customer Manager -> Supplier Profile Import/Export.

Thank you...I have used this approach previously. The difficulty remains in using the platform to create/store/review/revise groups online. I can view all groups by name. I can view all members in a group. I can add and delete suppliers. My problem is in searching from the home page which takes me to the Search Suppliers and Customers page. Here I can see suppliers but can not see groups (directories if you will) to which these resultant suppliers are assigned to.

When I choose a supplier to view it takes me to the Organization Profile page which contains their answers to our questionnaire but no inference is available to show the group(s) they may be assigned to.

I have not found a way to export a group short of adding a group to an RFP (for example) and then export the info from the edit RFP screen. Should be an easier route!

Thanks again for the input!

Jack