1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 6:18 AM by David Morel

Questions about data tables and pricing tables

Aaron Michaels Newbie

Hello, we have the OnDemand Solution.  I have a couple questions regarding table functionality:

1 - Data Tables - We would like to collect supplier reference data in one question.  For example, we would like the supplier to provide 3 references (each reference has their own row), and each column would have different data (Company Name, Contact Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email Address, etc).  Is there any functionality within ProSource to enable this to occur as a data table within a question?  I do not see the ability to construct data collection tables such as this, as I've seen with other software.  Would we need to create this as an attachment and have the supplier complete the information offline and submit at the question level?

2 - Pricing Tables - We would like to collect information regarding supplier financial statements.  Essentially, we would like them to be able to list their income statement and balance sheet with components for the past 3 years and another instance for the past 3 quarters.  We would like to aggregate this so that their inputs would auto-calculate other ratios (i.e. gross profit margin, net profit margin, debt-to-equity, etc).  I do not believe that the current pricing functionality is designed for this.  Otherwise, we may need to again list an attachment question.  Does anyone have other insights?

Thanks,
      Aaron

• Re: Questions about data tables and pricing tables
          David Morel Master

1 - Data Tables - We would like to collect supplier reference data in one question.  For example, we would like the supplier to provide 3 references (each reference has their own row), and each column would have different data (Company Name, Contact Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email Address, etc).  Is there any functionality within ProSource to enable this to occur as a data table within a question?  I do not see the ability to construct data collection tables such as this, as I've seen with other software.  Would we need to create this as an attachment and have the supplier complete the information offline and submit at the question level?

Table Sections would be the best bet for the above use case. You have the ability to define the rows and columns.  In this case, the Rows would be Company Name, Contact Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email Address, etc. The columns would be Reference 1, 2,3.

2 - Pricing Tables - We would like to collect information regarding supplier financial statements.  Essentially, we would like them to be able to list their income statement and balance sheet with components for the past 3 years and another instance for the past 3 quarters.  We would like to aggregate this so that their inputs would auto-calculate other ratios (i.e. gross profit margin, net profit margin, debt-to-equity, etc).  I do not believe that the current pricing functionality is designed for this.  Otherwise, we may need to again list an attachment question.  Does anyone have other insights?

You could use Table Sections for this also.  You would just use money and decimal fields for the rows.  You would not have the ability to enter formulas for the calculation of the ratios, unfortunately.