- Where do you work? I am a Spend Management Services Consultant with Ariba
- What do you do? One of my current customers is a global financial institution - I am an on-site consultant assiting with the management & execution of a global eSourcing program
- What do you hope to gain from the Group? I hope to be able to participate in discussions related to the Financial Services Industry, interacting with other spend management professionals in the industry
- What can the Group learn from you? I hope to be able to provide knowledge and experience specifically related to indirect spend sourcing in the Financial Services Industry
- And how...the best thing you know how to cook from scratch? The jury is still out on this one... but I would have to say oriental stir fry
- Where do you work? I currently work at Sallie Mae (student loan lender/servicer) headquarted in Reston Virginia but am located in Fishers Indiana just out side of Indianapolis where our IT operations exist and some of our servicing organization.
- What do you do? I reside within Corporate Procurement and am the e-Procurement Technology Manager currently responsible for the deployment and support of the Ariba platform.
- What do you hope to gain from the Group? I look forward to the opportunity to share and learn from experiences as it pertains to the Ariba platform and it's uses at other organizations operating in the financial services industry.
- What can the Group learn from you? How we've deployed the platform and utilized existing modules.
- And what's the best thing you know how to cook from scratch? Absolutely nothing, however, does a turkey sandwich count? : )
Welcome Jeremy! And yes, we'll count the turkey sandwich IF it's part of a Thanksgiving leftover feast. Nothing like turkey, stuffing and cranberry in a sandwich the day after Thanksgiving.
- I work for a Canadian financial institution in the Sourcing Organisation.
- I'm responsible for the implementation, the continuous improvement of our sourcing process and for the Ariba toolset. Also, to provide support, analysis, category research and best practices for our category managers.
- I would like to exchange on challenges, solutions, best practices and knowledge for specific categories with others in our industry
- I can share our experience, trials and errors.
- Cooking ?? you don't want to know !!
- Where do you work?
- What do you do?
I am a consultant for Toyota Financial Services working with their procurement department helping to implement Ariba.
- What do you hope to gain from the Group?
This is my first encounter with Ariba, so like most consultants, I am trying to quickly become a subject matter expert.
- What can the Group learn from you?
Not sure just yet. In the meantime, I will likely ask some thought-prevoking questions.
- And what's the best thing you know how to cook from scratch?
I cook all sorts of food (amature chef?). I can't say that I have a "best."
• Where do you work? Huntington National Bank
• What do you do? - Currently a Sourcing Manager, have worked at the bank over 20 years. Will be transitioning from sourcing manager to lead sourcing role of our Center of Excellence, running sourcing events through Ariba for our sourcing managers, as well as other "operational" support functions.
• What do you hope to gain from the Group? Share lessons learned and best practices with other financial institutions. Being able to share ideas with sourcing similar categories or commodities.
• What can the Group learn from you? Share lessons learned and best practices with other financial institutions. Being able to share ideas with sourcing similar categories or commodities.
• And what's the best thing you know how to cook from scratch? Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I own a company called Nationwide Loan Inspections, Inc.
We work with lenders and others doing onsite inspections for draw requests on construction projects. Since we cover the whole 48 states, we can do most any kind of onsite inspection needed.
I hope to find out what the needs are in this community, especially during the housing downturn.
I would hope the group could benefit from the experiences we have learned from conducting over 60,000 on site inspections in the past eight years.
Sorry, I can't boil water. That's why I married a great cook.
I work in UK Procurement and Commercial Services for Aviva UK
I am a Category Manager within the Procurement Operations team
My work is predominently focussed on implementing Ariba as the tool of choice for Procurement - we use Sourcing, Spend Vis, Contract Management, SPM modules.
Having recently attended Ariba Live 2011 in London I realise the benefit of 'networking' and getting to know other people using the Ariba platform to share experiences etc. In return I may be able to tell you hints and tips that I have picked up along the way!
Unfortunately, cooking is very ping ding (the microwave!) in my house!!
- Where do you work? KeyBank in Cleveland Ohio
- What do you do? I am a Procurement Analyst. I administer our Spend Visibility solution.
- What do you hope to gain from the Group? I am looking to exchange best practices for administering and using Spend Visibility.
- What can the Group learn from you? I maintained a home grown MS Access Spend Analysis database prior to implementing Spend Visibility. I went through the Spend Visibility implementation. So I have learned a few things along the way, and am always looking for ways to get the most out of the solution.
- And what's the best thing you know how to cook from scratch? The best thing I can cook from scratch is Chicken Paprikash. To put that in perspective, I am third best at it out of three who make it in my household.
- Where do you work? KeyBank in Cleveland Ohio
My name is Craig McKenzie and I'm working for JPMorgan Chase within Sourcing and Procurement Services, Global Auction Service. I am responsible, along with others, for the forward and reverse auctions. I hope to gain insight on which commodities other companies are focusing on for such service - Also, advanced bidding strategies, etc. -- Cook from scratch? -- Chicken Gumbo!
Feel free to reach out to me in regards to auction strategies, etc.