3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 6:52 AM by pavan thiruveedula

Ariba Procurement SAP Integration

eklemm Newbie

Is anyone aware of any issues regarding pushing/pulling data to/from Ariba where my SAP system is ECC6 non-uniocde?

I would also like to know how many times the toolkit needs to be installed as my SAP landscape is sandbox, dev, qa, prod.

Can I use one toolkit and change to point to a different ERP backend?

Or does it need to be installed for each environment (note I am using SAP rfc not JDBC)

Thanks!

• Re: Ariba Procurement SAP Integration
          Deepak Sanghi Master

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Is anyone aware of any issues regarding pushing/pulling data to/from Ariba where my SAP system is ECC6 non-uniocde?

Answer: We support ECC6. If you have non-unicode system, all the transports should work fine.

2. I would also like to know how many times the toolkit needs to be installed as my SAP landscape is sandbox, dev, qa, prod.

Can I use one toolkit and change to point to a different ERP backend?

Or does it need to be installed for each environment (note I am using SAP rfc not JDBC).

Answer: If you want to connnect to anyone instance at a given time, one installation of th integration tool kit is sufficient. You could change the configuration file to point to the correct instance. Note that for SAP integration, you need just the data transfer tool which is part of integration tool kit and you don't need the DB Connector.

Please let us know if this is helpful or if you need further clarifications.

Thanks,

Deepak Sanghi

Solutions Manager, Procure-to-Pay, Ariba.

Justin Fogarty Master

Looks like this questions is answered, but please don't be shy if you don't have everything you need.

Thanks,

Justin

pavan thiruveedula Apprentice

HI Justin,

I am also working on Ariba Integration with SAP PI. Where i need to post Spend Analytic  data which are in .CSV files format need to post into ARIBA. How can i Achieve my requirement with PI?

this can be easly done using PI File Adapter  if ARIBA Team Share the FTP details(File Directory, User Credentials ..etc) . Will Ariba provide this?

Thanks & Regards,
                pavan