8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 4:15 PM by Irfan Syed

Is your company using P-Cards for Non-PO invoices in P2P?

Sean O'Quin Journeyman

For payment of suppliers with Non-PO driven transactions (consumption/services, etc) I'd love to get some input on how other companies are using Ariba P2P with Ghosted supplier P-Cards.

• Re: Is your company using P-Cards for Non-PO invoices in P2P?
          Jenny Zuehlke Journeyman

Hi.  HB Fuller is not using pcards in P2P yet, but would be interested in hearing from others who are.  We transacted strictly via ghost cards with both eprocurement systems we used prior to Ariba.  Thanks

Doreen Huwe Apprentice
            Hi Sean,   We use both ghosted (i.e. po based) as well as individual pcard and reconcile both in Ariba.
                Sean O'Quin Journeyman

Doreen,

Thanks for the reply and it would be great to understand more on how you & your company are using P-Cards in Ariba for Non PO as well as transaction reconciliation.

I have in the past built external reconciliation reports using Cognos & Business Objects to provide a 3 way P-card transaction matching (Requisition/P-Card Charge/Bank statement), perform  advanced off contract, purchase price variance and other spend analysis as well as create advanced alerting and fraud monitoring. How have you implemented fully within Ariba?

Doreen Huwe Apprentice

Basically we have ghosted cards on the catalog transactions.  We get the files from the bank which reference a PO number.  This is loaded into Ariba and matched against the PO.  If it's within tollerance then the transaction is ready for payment (payment made in SAP).  If there is a problem (i.e. no po or not within tollerance) these transactions fall out into a queue and we have someone from finance manually reconcile them.

For individual cards we have introduced an almost totally customized solution.  We do use the PCR process but it doesn't work that well for us.  We load the files from the bank every day.  We also load a cross reference file that links the card to a user.  The charges are sent to the user in Ariba and they are asked to reconcile them.  If they don't then we force reconcile to their home location which we pull from their Ariba profile.  Once reconciled the charges are sent to SAP for payment to the bank.

Hope thi shelps.

Irfan Syed Novice

We use individual Pcards and reconcile them in ariba. We are currently on 8.2.2. The PCR process in 8.2.2 has a lot of bugs and I would not recommend anyone using the PCR functionality in 8.2.2. I am told that the process has been ironed out in 9r1. Has anyone out there used PCRs in 8.2.2 and 9r1. I would like to know their experience working in 8.2.2 and the improved process in 9r1.

Thanks,

Irfan

Walter Metrich Expert

The PCard reconciliation processor for both the 9r1 (CD) Buyer and 10s1 (OnDemand) P2P releases uses the same engine as the Ariba Invoice reconciliation processor. The result is a much more stable engine, and the process is more consistent with how invoice managers prefer to identify and reconcile exceptions.

One thing we did get a lot of feedback on was the number of clicks it now takes to reconcile a PCard exception.  In the Ariba Buyer 8.2x (CD) release it took fewer clicks to reconcile a PCard exception than it does in the latest procurement release.  As a result, we updated the 9r1 (CD) Buyer PCard reconcilitaiton engine and user interface (as of Service Pack 9 - released Feb 26, 2010) to reduce the number of clicks. Now it actually requires fewer clicks to reconcile a PCard exception than it did in Buyer 8.2x.

The same technilogy will be added to the 10s1 (OnDemand) P2P release in the near future.