3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 11:30 AM by smelanson

Supplier Dis-Ablement?

smelanson Apprentice

Hi.  I am Scott Melanson from Pall Corp.  I am looking for information on Supplier Dis-Ablement.

Does anyone have a best practice on removing a supplier from P2P On Demand?  Even the best supplier enablement stategies

may require a sever in business relationship/partnerships.

Thank you.

Scott

• Re: Supplier Dis-Ablement?
          Russ Stebbins Master

We have to disable vendors all the time because of rationalization and master data clean up.

1. Identify the need
          2. Identify open transactions
          3. Identify open contracts
          4. If relinking to alternative vendor, copy Contract and PO
          5. Close contracts and PO after all Invoices are reconciled.
          6. Remove relationship from ASN
          7. Deactivate vendor from source system
          8. Run either Full supplier load with vendor removed or run delete on Vendor.
              smelanson Apprentice

Thanks.  Item 5. will be our toughest challenge.  We have 13 manufacturing sites using this system across the Western Hemisphere.

Getting them to stop using the supplier long enough to clear invoices, receipts, etc, will be a challenge.

Any ideas on that? I am testing weather or not I can "de-activate" for purchasing but leave open for AP. We use a "dual" Purchasing Unit system to allow

accounting to add pay to suppliers without adding in the UI for users to select that vendor.

Thanks again.

Scott

Russ Stebbins Master

Add a supplier approval rule for the target suppliers and then deny the PO.

That doesn't stop invoices for open PO but it does prevent any new or change orders going through to extend the vendor's life.

We have also inactivated a vendor (which prevents ANY actions) and then temporarily reactivated them to pay the invoice.  That way we don't have to keep a vendor open for months 'in case'.  Although we have some vendors that have problems delivering invoices in a timely manner.