3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 7:45 AM by Russ Stebbins

Internal Ariba Team

Joel Weina Novice

For those who are using Ariba P2P On Demand  (Saas):

How is your internal Ariba team set up? How many personnel in the department? What are there Functions? Are they global, regional, or local? What is their reporting structure? ........

• Re: Internal Ariba Team
          Russ Stebbins Master

Consultant answer: Depends

I don't think there is a 'right answer' to this question other than you will need an integral Ariba team.  The two functions that are needed are Administration and Business Analyst (technical and functional).  How many you need in each role will depend on your business size, modules involved and your organizational structure.

In the SaaS model, the admin doesn't have to be IT (unlike CD where it almost always is).  I find that most of the Admin problems turn out to need P2P business knowledge as well as application.

The Analysts should be in the procurement side but if IT owns the application, they may work there as part of the same team.

Joel Weina Novice

Russ,

Thank you for the answer however the main point of the question is how is YOUR internal Ariba Team set up especially for those who are in the On Demand world.

Russ Stebbins Master

We are setup with two CA, one on the business and one in IT.  We have two BA (one unfilled) for P2P and one each for Sourcing and Contracts.  We have 5 Buyers who are the customer facing (2nd level help) SME.  We do about $1B in spend.

I would like more resources because the tool provides a plethora of information for process improvements but we are constrained on what we can attack.

1 of 1 people found this helpful