7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 11:56 AM by Patrick McGrath

Ariba SPM scorecard, how's it work?

Patrick McGrath Apprentice

I have a specific question on the grading that my scorecard is coming up with. Attached document are screen shots and the issue i'm facing, where I don't know where the 'grade' is actually coming from in the scorecard. The input by the user during the survey, gave much higher scores.

(ok i don't know how to attach my screen shots. i was pointed here to post my problem here, instead of connect.ariba.com discussion thread)

• Re: Ariba SPM scorecard, how's it work?
          jreeves Master
          Thanks Patrick - You should have seen a "Browse" button at the bottom of the text area to attach your screen shots.  If you aren't seeing that, then send me an email at jreeves@ariba.com and I will post your screenshots.
          • Re: Ariba SPM scorecard, how's it work?
            jreeves Master

See attached screenshots - This will apply to any type of scoring that you do with the Ariba systems.  You have defined your ideal value to be 90% and your range to be from 0% to 100%.  We apply a linear model to the scoring system as you have defined it.  (NOTE: check out the scoring chapter of the sourcing documentation for more details on this).  So basically a value of 90% = 100% score/grade.  A value of 91% = 90% score/grade, 92%=80% score/grade, 93%=70% score/grade.... 100% = 0% score/grade.  I didn't do the math, but we would linearly scale down from 89% to 0% in a similiar fashion.

If you want all the scores above 90% to be 100% in the scorecard, then simply change your "To" to be 90% from 100%.  This will insure that everything which is above 90% will give you a score of 100%

Thanks

Jeremy