An international designer of floors, ceiling and cabinets is seeking to build a Center of Excellence with two eSourcing Specialist resources that are well-versed in Ariba SourcingPro - one resource based in Lancaster, PA and another resource based in Shanghai.
Below is a description of the role. Please feel free to forward. If interested, or if you know of someone that may be interested, please have them contact me directly at email@example.com
1. Support the execution of eSourcing projects
- Support, or lead where applicable, the execution of eSourcing projects that accomplish key objectives, which include: Process Effectiveness, Savings, Supplier Consolidation & Management, Risk Reduction & Management, Improved Visibility & Control of Expenditures
- Support the management of project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones
- Specific project tasks may include: Market Research & Analysis, Data Collection/Management, Financial Analysis, RFx Creation, Supplier Communication Management
2. Support the implementation of eSourcing best practice strategies, tactics, and supporting tools.
- Utilize e-sourcing technologies to develop and implement RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs.
- Proactively make improvement recommendations to existing processes and tools
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new technologies and in new markets as business requirements dictate
- Advise on global supplier network capabilities, commodity/spend category trends and industry best practices
3. Develop & manage collaborative working partnerships with stakeholders.
- Execute against a pre-defined, structured stakeholder management process
- Maintain and provide a current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends to team members and business partners
- Effectively communicate the impact of eSourcing decisions to leadership and employees as appropriate and actively enlist their support
- Communicate with clients, coworkers and management in a clear, concise and timely manner
Experience, Skills, and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years of strategic sourcing/procurement experience (best practices, negotiating, benchmarking, purchasing methodology, and strategy development)
- Understanding of and experience with an eSourcing Solution Suite
- Ability to take complex sourcing requirements and apply the eSourcing applications to model the requirements to drive the sourcing process
- Ability to guide users in making the best choices in the eSourcing applications to drive the desired results
- Experience in interacting with suppliers and providing training / support to help them in the use of the system
- Ability to summarize results and report to management on a periodic basis
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Good time management, telephone and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel