1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 1:41 PM by Craig Fischer

Contract Management Quick Reference Guides

James McLaughlin Novice

Hello - I was wondering if anyone might be willing to share CM quick reference guides they've created for their buyer groups. Any help/examples would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jim

• Re: Contract Management Quick Reference Guides
          Craig Fischer Journeyman

Jim,

Attached is an example of a job aid (in Word) I've done for my co-workers.   It is the basic steps on what to do...we have others job aids where we've include screen shots with each step.  Steps and pics are big hits with our users as a 60% of my coworkers reside outside of the US.

If you search the Discussion board, there is another posting simliar to yours titled Contract Management Training by smarx.  In that post your'll see taht Sharon Horton posted a PowerPoint that is similar to what I'm doing, so you'll get another example.

Amend a Contarct (Steps)

4 Amendment Types:

• Amendment – Best one to use when you need to make changes to any parts of the contract. 
          • Renewal – Will only allow you to change the Contract Effective Date and Contract Expiration Date in the Contract Term Attributes in the Overview tab.
          • Administrative – Will only allow you to change the Owner field in the Overview tab and any of the team members in the Team tab.
          • Termination – Not to use at this time.

NOTE:  Per Ariba’s design, there will be two processes to amend based on Contract Status.  They are:

• Contract Status of Expired will only allow the Amendment Type of Administrative or Renewal
            • If you have an Expired contract that needs to have the Contract Expiration Date and other areas (Overview, Documents, etc) updated you’ll need to do a Renewal amendment 1st then come back to do an Amendment to update the other areas.
            • Craig Fischer is working with Ariba as this 2-step process is not user friendly.
          • Contract Status of Published or Pending allows all four Amendment Types of Administrative, Amendment, Renewal, or Termination.

Follow these steps if your Contract Status is Expire:

1. Go to the Contracts (tab) page so you can view your list of contracts in the My Documents box.

1. Access your contract from the My Documents box.  You’ll be taken to the Overview tab.

1. In the Contract Attributes section (2nd box) of the Overview tab select Actions hyperlink and choose the Amend from the menu.

1. Select Renewal as the Amendment Type and document a reason in the Amendment Reason Comment.  Click the OK button when done.

1. Renewal will only allow you to update the Contract Effective and Expiration dates located in the Contract Term Attributes (3rd box) in the Overview tab.

1. Click on the Actions hyperlink to the right of the Contract Term Attributes and select the menu item of Edit Term Attributes.

1. Update the Contract Expiration Date field.  When done click the OK button.

1. Return to the Overview tab and publish the contract (Contract Attributes – Actions – Publish) so that it is open for business.  Ensure that the Contract Status is showed as Published.

1. 2nd part of this job aid is to amend the contract after you’ve updated the Contract Expiration Date.  Here you will edit any other field; upload documents in the Documents tab, and make ownership changes.  In the Contract Attributes section (2nd box) of the Overview tab select Actions hyperlink and choose the Amend from the menu.

10.  Select Amendment as the Amendment Type and document a reason in the Amendment Reason Comment.

11.  Review the three boxes (Overview, Contract Attributes, & Contract Term Attributes) in the Overview to see if there are fields that need to be updated.

1. If Yes, please select the Actions hyperlink to the corresponding box and choose Edit (the box) to get into the edit mode.
          2. Once done editing select the OK button to save your changes to the box.

12.  Go to the Documents tab and click on the Contract Documents folder to view the Action menu and select Upload => Document

13.  In the Create New Document page, click on the Browse button to select your document to upload.  Click the Create button to upload it.

14.  Click Done in the new screen to complete the upload.

15.  Publish your document by clicking on the title of the document located inside your Contract Documents folder.

16.  Return to the Overview tab and publish the contract (Contract Attributes – Actions – Publish) so that it is open for business.

Follow these steps if your Contract Status is Published or Pending:

1. Go to the Contracts (tab) page so you can view your list of contracts in the My Documents box.

1. Access your contract from the My Documents box.  You’ll be taken to the Overview tab.

1. In the Contract Attributes section (2nd box) of the Overview tab select Actions hyperlink and choose the Amend from the menu.

1. Select Amendment as the Amendment Type and document a reason in the Amendment Reason Comment.

1. Review the three boxes (Overview, Contract Attributes, & Contract Term Attributes) in the Overview to see if there are fields that need to be updated.

1. If Yes, please select the Actions hyperlink to the corresponding box and choose Edit (the box) to get into the edit mode.
          2. Once done editing select the OK button to save your changes to the box.

1. Go to the Documents tab and click on the Contract Documents folder to view the Action menu and select Upload => Document

1. In the Create New Document page, click on the Browse button to select your document to upload.  Click the Create button to upload it.

1. Click Done in the new screen to complete the upload.

1. Publish your document by clicking on the title of the document located inside your Contract Documents folder.

10.  Return to the Overview tab and publish the contract (Contract Attributes – Actions – Publish) so that it is open for business.