3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2010 11:08 AM by Cindy Gooch

Large Line Item Events

Cindy Gooch Apprentice

Hi all,

I'm interested in learning what other companies are doing to manage large line item RFP/Auctions.  We've got an event we'd like to run as an RFP with over 3000 line items for 20+ suppliers.  We are just now getting more information on using the Custom Offline response sheets and are hoping that can help with manage these events.  If we could manage to find a way to keep this to 3-4 events, it would be great. 

Ultimately we'd like to be able to configure the event so that a supplier is not allowed to enter a zero price for any line item and also ensure that they can not raise a price from their previous bid.  And of course we'd like to be able to manage this via the import excel file feature.

I'd be interested to hear how others are working around the line limitations and also imposing some bidding requirements on the suppliers.

Thanks!

• Re: Large Line Item Events
          David Morel Master

Cindy...I would like to ask some clarifying questions if I can.

1. how do you plan to award the RFP? Will all items go to one supplier?  Will the award be naturally aggregated into certain groups and awarded at that level?  Or, do you expect to award at the individual line level?

2. What kind of post event analysis do you foresee?  Export to excel and play with the results?  Optimization?  What?

3. You mention not allowing them to raise their price from their previous bid, what previous bid?

Cindy Gooch Apprentice

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Additional info is below:

1. how do you plan to award the RFP? Will all items go to one supplier?  Will the award be naturally aggregated into certain groups and awarded at that level?  Or, do you expect to award at the individual line level?

It could be a combination of these, but we are interested in getting pricing set with suppliers.

2. What kind of post event analysis do you foresee?  Export to excel and play with the results?  Optimization?  What?

We will export to excel for analysis.

3. You mention not allowing them to raise their price from their previous bid, what previous bid?

We have pricing from last years RFP from each supplier that we can use.  And we may want to do a second round of bidding after the first RFP with a smaller group of suppliers.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas for us.

Thanks!

Cindy

David Morel Master

Your answers lead me to recommend using the new Custom Response Sheet capabilities we delivered in 10s2. With that you could create a customized excel sheet to collect pricing in a way that is in a good format that would aid in your post event analysis in excel. You could use supplier specific sheets to make suppliers bid below their current prices. The functionality will allow you to collect thousands of line items, all you need to do is establish aggregation levels in Ariba, up to 1000 levels, and map the items in excel to total at those levels.