3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 7:28 PM by Andy Eagle

Data Extraction from Ariba

Wendy Nicoson Novice

We are formulating our records strategy.  Is is easy to extract data from Ariba contract management into another database?  Has anyone else done this?  What was your experience?

• Re: Data Extraction from Ariba
          Craig Fischer Journeyman

Wendy,

We use the OnDemand (Or SaaS) solution of the Ariba Contract Workbench and were able to use Ariba's Integration Toolkit to export Contract data (ID #, supplier IDs, Dollar Values, etc) into my company's Enterprise Data Warehouse. Our end goal is to expose this data into our analytics tool to monitior suppliers spends off our contracts in Ariba. Besides the Intregation Toolkit, there is Ariba Web Servcies that does a similar thing.  Ask you Ariba rep for the information as there is a white paper explaining how the Toolkit can be installed and what it does.

Craig

Sharon Horton, PMP Master

Wendy,

You might also try Manage -> Administration -> Site Manager -> Data Import/Export.  Once there, click on the Export tab and you'll see Export Contracts Header Data.  As far as I know, however, this only extracts out of the box fields and not custom fields.

Andy Eagle Novice

Wendy,

I would like to add to Sharon's post. If you have defined custom header fields in your contract workspaces and you want them exported in the Contract Header csv, you simply need to verify with your Ariba representative that those fields are flagged for export. You might try running the export to see what fields are currently enabled vs. disabled for export. They may already be enabled. Any custom fields are added in columns to the end of the export file.

Hope this helps!