2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2011 4:28 PM by Leslie Martensen

Ariba On-Demand App

knaughton Apprentice

Question for Ariba employees:

Is Ariba currently looking at developing an iPhone and iPad app for its entire on-demand suite. With a focus on making business commerce more consumer-like, I would think this would be a natural next step.

Thanks,

Ken

• Re: Ariba On-Demand App
          Tim Fabiniak Master

I can't say whether or not we've got an app in development, I'll leave that to the product managers to address. (It's not a secrecy thing, I just don't know...) But a side note: for most of the functionality, you can use Ariba just fine with Safari. It's a little tough due to the iPhone's small screen, but it works pretty well on the iPad.

In fact, in my training class today, a student's computer was acting up and she switched to iPad. It's starting to become a bit more common. I agree that an app would be better, but don't discount the iPad as an Ariba tool right now.

• Re: Ariba On-Demand App
            Leslie Martensen Master

Ken,

We have been talking about what areas we should focus on for mobile applications. We need to prioritize what applications to do first, what customers expect etc. I would like to talk to you indepth about your needs and requests.

Please send me an email at lmartensen@ariba.com. Then we can setup a time to talk over the phone.

Leslie Martensen

Sr. Solutions Manager - Platform