5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 1:58 AM by Neil Campbell

DASHBOARDS: How do you re-order the dashboard tabs?

Neil Campbell Expert

Hi Folks, I'm just back from ARIBA Live in London where ARIBA Exchange was given some good feedback and we were encouraged to use this feature ..... so I thought I'd give it a go and see if anyone can help with my query........

Is there a way to re-order the tabs on the dashboard?  I'm interested in this at 2 levels.

1.  On my own dashboard can I re-arrange the order of tabs for me personally?

2.  Within the Dashoard template, how do you re-arrange the order of tabs prior to publishing the dashboard to the rest of the team?

I've looked at the help guides but can't find anything relating to this.

thanks Neil

• Re: DASHBOARDS: How do you re-order the dashboard tabs?
          Beverly Dunn Master

Hi Neil --glad to hear you had a great time at Ariba Live and are eager to participate on Ariba Exchange.  In your question below, you asked for help with Re-Ordering your Dashboard.  Here are some suggestions to help:

Adding New Tabs

• Click Configure Tabs and choose Add New Tab
          • Enter a title for the new dashboard tab in the ‘Title box
          • Click ‘Display all document types…’ if you want to see all document types, or click ‘Restrict this tab…’ if only select document types should be visible (Procurement)
          • If you are restricting the tab to only specific document types, you need to specify those documents:
            • ¨Select ‘Available’ to make a document type visible on the dashboard tab
            • ¨Select ‘Primary’ to make the current dashboard tab the main tab for that document type (Procurement)
          • Click OK to save your settings
          • The dashboard tab appears on the command bar along with the Add Content menu

Deleting or Rearranging Tabs

• Deleting Dashboard Tabs
            • Click the tab you want to delete, then click Configure Tabs and choose ‘Delete Tab
          • Rearranging Content Items on Dashboard Tabs
              • Click the ‘handle’ in the upper left corner of an item and drag it to a different location on the current tab, or drag it to a tab on the command bar to move it to a different tab

Managing Dashboard Changes

Comparing Dashboard Tabs to Template

¨      Click Configure Tabs and choose ‘Compare Your Tabs to Default Settings’

¨      Click the dashboard tab you’d like to compare to default template settings

¨      To reset any part of your current dashboard to template settings:

–         Reset specific content items to template settings, select them and click ‘Reset’

–         Reset your entire dashboard tab set to template settings, click ‘Reset All Dashboard Tabs’ that you want to revert your entire dashboard.

»        All of your dashboard customizations will be lost, including any new tabs

–         Click Done

Since you are a member of the Customer Success group on Exchange, be sure to check out our Replay Section of previous Customer Success Lunch and Learns.  You will find an hour long demo of Dashboard Managment!

Good luck!

Beverly Dunn

Manager, Customer Success

Neil Campbell Expert

thanks Beverley that's useful info for managing my dashboard........but.......what I'm trying to do is simply move the order of the tabs.

For example:  my tabs along the top of my dashboard are currently ordered

PLAN    PROCURE    CONTRACT     FINANCIAL

I just want them to be in a different order eg/

CONTRACT     PLAN     PROCURE     FINANCIAL

I'm sure in previous releases of ARIBA you could just drag and drop a tab into whatever order you wanted.  It's a small point but quite annoying, particularly when I am working as a dashboard administrator as changing the order of tabs on the dashboard templates is not easy.

thanks Neil

Karim el Gamal Journeyman

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately there is no way to change the order of the dashboards in the OnDemand solution, as you describe above.

The order in which the tabs appear is determined by the frequency a particular tab is used and managed dynamically by the system to ensure the most used tabs are visible to the end-user.

I suggest that you submit an enhancement request for the ability to rearrange and lock the order of the dashboard tabs. If you can get support from other customers for this enhancement request it will increase the likelyhood of such a change making it into one of the upcoming releases.

Hope this helps!

Karim

Beverly Dunn Master

After checking with a Sr. Solutions Mgr, the only way to do what you desire is to create a new tab, drag/drop/move over all the data and then delete the tab.  Be sure, though, that you have copied EVERYTHING over.....once you delete it will be gone.

Deleting or Rearranging Tabs

Deleting Dashboard Tabs
                  Click the tab you want to delete, then click Configure Tabs and choose ‘Delete Tab