3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2011 4:30 PM by Sharon Horton, PMP

Modifying the Contract Workspace (Sales)

Brenda Griesser Journeyman

Is it possible to add another template/workspace with different field names in order to customize for specific sales contract types?  The current workspace I have been using works for some contracts.  However, we have been asked about using Ariba for some specific sales contracts which require different information in order to be useful.

What steps are necessary to get this done?

Thanks.

Brenda

• Re: Modifying the Contract Workspace (Sales)
          Sharon Horton, PMP Master

Good morning, Brenda.

There are only three basic types of workspaces available:  Procurement, Sales and Internal.  Each of these can be configured with different fields and each can have a long list of unique templates, each for a different purpose, whether that be workflow or documents.  However, I don't think this is really addressing your underlying question.

Let's use Procurement as an example, because the contract types are common to most industries, where sales contract types tend to be very industry specific.  Suppose we have a Non-disclosure contract type and a Services contract type and a Software License contract type.  If we have a field that has a list of these contract types, we can configure the Create Workspace (and the Display screen as well) to show or hide certain fields.  So, for the Non-disclosure Agreement, we want to hide Contract Amount and Proposed Contract Amount (or whatever your current configuration has labeled those fields).  For Software License Agreement, we want to display a field for first year's maintenance.  And finally, for the Services Agreement, we want to hide Commodity but display Hourly Rate.  We will need to drive this from a selection from another field.  Many customers have a field called Contract Type, which is the first selection on the Create Workspace screen.  Once the user selects the contract type, all of the field changes take place.

For these particluar types of changes, you will need to make a service request to Customer Support and ask for "Post Deployment Configuration Services" since you'll need changes to the configuration of the fields.  It's best to start this particular type of service request through Connect.

By the way, you can also configure which templates appear, so that when the user selects Service Agreement from the contract type field, the services template is the only one that is available.  Changes to the template are ones that you can do once the field configuration is completed by Customer Service.  Be sure to tell Customer Support that you want the Contract Type field available for your conditions in your template.

Attached are 3 screen shots that show some possible configurations.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Brenda Griesser Journeyman

Thanks so much Sharon for your very informative reply.  My contract workspace does not have a field called "document type".  Your answer points out many possibilities for us.  I am not the Ariba administrator for the company so I am assuming that I cannot make the changes you recommended.  How does one become an administrator??

Sharon Horton, PMP Master

For changes and configuration of fields, you will need to make a service request to Customer Support and ask for "Post Deployment Configuration Services".  It's best to start this particular type of service request through Connect.

Please email me at shorton@ariba.com to identify yourself and your company.  We'll see if we can find the correct person to help you with the configuration and the administrator permission you're requesting.  It is best to get some template training before jumping into the configuration.