5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2011 9:51 AM by Mark Laufhutte

2 PunchOuts within one Supplier ID

Mark Laufhutte Apprentice

Community,

I have a challenge and I'm sure that someone out there can help. My company wants to add a second, exclusive punchout to their offerings to our client. We currently have 1 punchout that is working fine however now that Ariba is not looking up the URL in the CIF, the URL specified in the config is being used for each of the catalogs. I cannot get it to use the new catalog's URL.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mark

• Re: 2 PunchOuts within one Supplier ID
          Brian Levow Master

We have run into the same issue.  Here are some options to consider:

1. Set up a second vendor in your system and have the supplier create a second Network account

2. Find a value that is passed to the supplier during the punchout setup request (POSR) process that is unique to one of the two user bases (e-mail address, accounting value, etc.), and see if the supplier can key off of that value to display a unique set of products from the punchout.

Hope this helps.

Mark Laufhutte Apprentice

Brian,

Thank you for your response. It sounds like a good idea however it seems that Ariba is using the value in the cXML settings in the admin panel of our account and ignoring the value that we are returning with the response. Any ideas?

Brian Levow Master

Perhaps I wasn't clear regarding my second option.  You would still connect to the same exact URL that the supplier directs you to via their ASN configuration.  However, certain suppliers have the ability to redirect a user to a different URL once they land on the supplier's site.  They can use certain values in the POSR that the supplier receives to cause the redirection to occur.  You would have to do a few things: 1) make sure that a supplier even has the capability to do this (we've run into a few that do, and also a few that don't/won't). 2) Have the supplier send you the actual POSR for you to review, so that you understand what data the supplier actually receives at the time that a user punches out.  3) Try to isolate a value that is special to the subset of your users that you want redirected to a different URL on the supplier's site within the POSR.

Here's one example of something we did: We had the supplier create two line items in the punchout CIF file they published to us.  Obviously, both will end up linking to the same punchout site.  However, we made the part number field for each of the line items unique from the other, and used the description field of each line to signify certain instructions to our users about which of the two lines they should select.  Then, because the Part Number field was a value sent through the POSR, the supplier was able to key off of that value and direct POSR's containing the first part number to their standard punchout home page, and POSR's containing the second part number to a redirected page.