3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 7:18 AM by Sandy Wagner

Listing Tasks by most recent update/entry

Sandy Wagner Expert

Is there a way to show and sort the most recent updated/entered tasks on the dashboard?

Users have the "To Do" content added to their dashboard and utilize it very frequently.  They would like to see the most recent tasks/updated or entered sorted to the top of the list so they know something new has happened to it.

• Re: Listing Tasks by most recent update/entry
          Beverly Dunn Master

Hi Sandy -- I am on the Customer Success team.  i would like to help you with your request.  Within your site, on the To Do tab of the dashboard, there is a way to sort in either ascending or descending order.  It defaults to the oldest task due.  The headers on the columns are all sortable by clicking on them.

For example, if you click the first column ID - this will sort the column in alpha/numeric order for easy searching.  Next click the DATE tab and this will sort the column in ascending order, click again and it will sort descending.  Click the FROM column and this sorts alphabetically and so on with the other columns based on data available.  The TO-DO portlet can also be dragged and dropped anywhere on your site as the dashboard is configurable to suit your needs.

I saw that you are a member of our Customer Success Group on Exchange -- log in to our group by clicking the group tab on the left of the Exchange home page.  Once there, check out the box on the left titled LUNCH AND LEARN REPLAYS.  This has many great recordings of previously conducted Lunch and Learns; however, the one I think that will be most helpful to you right now is on Managing Dashboard Templates.

Hope this answered your question.  In the future, don't forget to reach out to your Customer Success Manager for helpful tips on how to maximize your Ariba solutions!

Beverly Dunn

Customer Success Manager

Sandy Wagner Expert

Hi Beverly - Thank you for your your feedback and direction.

Question though – our user is an attorney and is in the system quite a lot.  He wanted to see if he could see not only the due date of the task but if it had changed anytime during the current day or a few days.  In other words, someone sends him a legal approval task on 1/1/11 that’s due 1/2/11.  It will show up on his list at the top and that’s okay.  He wants to know that – if the person goes in and changes the details or adds comments to the task – will that flow to the top of all his other tasks because it’s the last task that was “touched” by someone.  Not the due date.

Beverly Dunn Master

Sandy,

I can see how that would be helpful in the case of your Legal team to be able to see when changes are made with respect to task work.  However,

if the due date or a comment on a task is changed, it will not update the task’s relative position in the To Do list.  The details of the change will be captured in the project audit log, though.  So while not ideal, it may serve your legal team's needs in this situation.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Beverly Dunn

Customer Success