12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 4:33 AM by Lars De Jong

Service Pack Installs on 9r1

Lars De Jong Expert

Hi,

We updgraded to 9R1 SP10 and went live in December 2010, time has got away from us and now we are behind the Service Pack Ball.  I am going to attempt to start installing the SP11 - SP17.  Can anyone give me any assistance with this like do I need to do each SP individually or can I do a bulk install?

Has anyone had any issues with installing any SP on Buyer?  Where is the documentation of how to do the installs?  ( I am a first timer on the SP installs).

Any assistance would be greatfull.

Regards

Lars De Jong

Department of Treasury and Finance Victoria, Australia.

• Re: Service Pack Installs on 9r1
          James Scott Novice

Look for the UDT guide pdf. it's not very long and fairly clear. Fairly easy to do. Make your own task list from their steps.  If you do SP17 it will get everything below it.  Keep an eye on any core changes., and make sure you have ALL needed permissions when you download and run the jar and the UDT program.  We just did SP14.27 yesterday and would have done 17 except we had some manual efforts that needed to get done to get there. (you will see those in the fix list as "manual applied " code.

Lars De Jong Expert

Hi James,

Thanks alot for you quick reply.

I will try this out.

Regards

Lars De Jong

Lars De Jong Expert

Hi James,

sorry but where do I find the UDT Guide, is this on connect or is it within the SP?

James Scott Novice

Yep, You can find all that documentation on Connect. I would suggest downloading all the manuals if you haven't already. 

James Scott Novice

Get the fix list as well for SP17. You can put it to a spreadsheet and check for the manual things you need to do.

Lars De Jong Expert

Once again thanks alot your quick response and the information.

Regards

Lars

Lars De Jong Expert

Hi James or anyone else that can help.

I am trying to run the  Delivery Wizard with the following command:

java -cp buyer90sp1703.jar run

but I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: run

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Rupesh Bhayana Apprentice

Try

java -jar updateName.jar

or

Double clicking on the jar

Lars De Jong Expert

Thanks Rupesh,

That worked.

Regards

Lars De Jong Expert

when I have run the UDT, then Run Loadmeta and restarted App.

Now when I log in there is an error and when I look at the logs I see the following:

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name 'de_DelegationScope'

Anybody seen this and how to resolve?

Lars De Jong Expert

Hi,

I have been able to install this Service Pack in our Dev environment, but for some reason when I try to install this in Test Environment, I get stuck on the following step:

Enter the Location of the Ariba Buyer 9.0 CD Image:

I am not sure what to enter in this.

Can anyone help me.

Bhaskar Bodahanapati Journeyman

Looks like there are no Service Packs applied on the test instance and it may be on base 9r1. If this is correct you will have to create an Ariba Depot and for this you will have to specify the location referencing the Ariba Buyer image, this is documented in the  Ariba Spend Management Update Tools Guide which is available for download on connect.ariba.com, here is the section that references this topic.

This section describes how to run the Delivery Wizard in GUI mode.

To run the Delivery Wizard in GUI mode:

1 Start the Delivery Wizard from the command line, using the following syntax:

java -jar updateName.jar

Note:

If you are running on Windows, and if you have associated the .jar file name extension with Java,

you can double-click the updateName.jar icon to start the Delivery Wizard in GUI mode.

The Ariba Delivery Wizard opens, allowing you to install the product update (Service Pack) onto your file

system. Click Next.

If an Ariba Depot already exists, its current location is displayed.

If the Ariba Depot does not yet exist, you are asked to specify a location for it.

Enter a directory location or click Browse to select a directory. For example:

If the directory does not exist, the Delivery Wizard creates it. (Do not create this directory manually.)

Click Next.

2 Specify the location of the DVD reference image. (If the Ariba Depot already exists, this prompt is not

displayed.)

Ensure that the DVD reference image you specify is for the GA instance, and not for a demo or beta

version.

3 Click Next.  The Ariba Depot is created. This process takes several minutes, to copy the appropriate files.

The screen displays the location where product updates will be stored and the total size of the update. The

Update Delivery Tool and the files it depends on are installed in a directory labeled with the name of the

update.

5 After the product update is extracted, you have the option to launch the Update Delivery Tool to apply the

product update. For more information on the Update Delivery Tool, see Chapter 3, “

Using the Update Delivery Tool

If you have additional questions, please open a Serrvice Request with Ariba Support.

Thanks

Bhaskar B