5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2011 1:29 AM by Matt Barraclough

    Has anyone introduced a custom Language to 9r1

    Matt Barraclough Apprentice

      Hi

       

      We have manged to introduce Turkish on a 9r1 development instance on Windows Server, however the steps, although repeated, have not created the language on a Unix test instance of 9r1.

       

      Simply put, to get the Dev instance working for Turkish we;

       

      - added the directories/folders under ../resource/

      - added the languag to th P.table

      - amended the Locale and Language csv and ran the LanguagePull and LanguageLanguagePull

      - ran the LocaleMapPull

       

      Has anyone successfully added a new custom language and can you share your implementation steps

        • Re: Has anyone introduced a custom Language to 9r1
          nareshk Expert

          Matt

           

          Did you check the Site profile if the setup language, Turkish is visible there?

           

          Thanks

          Naresh

            • Re: Has anyone introduced a custom Language to 9r1
              Matt Barraclough Apprentice

              Thanks for the suggstion.

               

              It is showing in Site Profile but errors with a stacktrace if I attempt to select it and save .  I'm not sure I can attach the stacktrace in Exchange but it reports

               

              ariba.ui.aribaweb.core.AWBinding$AWBindingException: The following exception occurred while evaluating fieldpath: : <AWKeyPathBinding> action="$updateAction", Component: ariba.htmlui.admin.server.ARCSiteProfile@7ed47ed4
                      ariba.ui.aribaweb.core.AWGenericActionTag@194a194a
                      ariba.ui.widgets.TextButton@4d4c4d4c
                      ariba.htmlui.fieldsui.widgets.ARWTextButton@e000e
                      ariba.htmlui.admin.server.ARCSiteProfile@7ed47ed4
                      ariba.htmlui.admin.server.ARPSiteProfile@24042404

              ...

              ....

              Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: It is illegal to store nulls in Vectors.
              at ariba.util.core.Vector.add(Vector.java:1367)
              at ariba.base.core.BaseVector.nonLoggingAddElement(BaseVector.java:744)
              at ariba.base.core.BaseVector.add(BaseVector.java:715)
              at ariba.htmlui.admin.server.ARCSiteProfile.updateAction(ARCSiteProfile.java:180)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
              at ariba.util.fieldvalue.ReflectionMethodGetter.invokeGetMethod(ReflectionMethodGetter.java:107)
              at ariba.util.fieldvalue.ReflectionMethodGetter.getValue(ReflectionMethodGetter.java:122)
              at ariba.util.fieldvalue.FieldValue_Object.getFieldValuePrimitive(FieldValue_Object.java:164)
              at ariba.util.fieldvalue.FieldValue_Object.getFieldValue(FieldValue_Object.java:206)
              at ariba.util.fieldvalue.FieldPath.getFieldValue(FieldPath.java:235)
              at ariba.ui.aribaweb.core.AWKeyPathBinding.value(AWBinding.java:156)
              ... 228 more

                • Re: Has anyone introduced a custom Language to 9r1
                  Matt Barraclough Apprentice

                  I've just checked the RealmProfile object through inspector for any null values in vectors.  There was a empty value on Name under the translations which I set to a <null^^null$#>. I also added a new value for "tr" to the Locale vector.

                   

                  The transltions now display **BRILLIANT**

                   

                  We now need to check that we can load translations (such as Expense Types) to complete the task

                    • Re: Has anyone introduced a custom Language to 9r1
                      nareshk Expert

                      Good that you got that figured out!!

                       

                      The system is supposed to update the RealmProfile automatically, when you check the new language in Site Profile and save. If it is throwing null locale exception, then probably in your LocaleID csv and inspector object, language field/column might not have been updated correctly as 'tr'.

                       

                      By the way, Did you get the Turkey translations from Ariba or some other vendor? We too are planning for Turkey roll-out and would like to know this info on the best option to get the translations.

                        • Re: Has anyone introduced a custom Language to 9r1
                          Matt Barraclough Apprentice

                          Hi

                           

                          We have made Ariba aware of our plans but the translations have all been created and amended internally.  However our success has been limited to the resource strings (read on)

                           

                           

                          We have now hit the next problem in that we are not able to import translations (such as Expense Type Translations) for Turkish.  The import appears to run successfully and we see the translations under the multilingual strings on Expense Types. However when using the front-end we're only seeing the English.

                           

                          regards, Matt