5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2011 4:45 PM by Lars De Jong

Integration Toolkit to extract Data From Ariba

Lars De Jong Expert

Hi,

I was wanting some more information on how to setup the Integration Toolkit to extract Data from Ariba DB to a CSV file that we can then upload into our Data Warehouse and then into our Reporting tool.

We currently use the Integration Toolkit to import and export data from/to our ERP (Oracle).

What I need to do is create a SQL to extract the data on a nightly basis. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Lars

• Re: Integration Toolkit to extract Data From Ariba
          Tim Fabiniak Master

Hey Lars-

(I'm assuming you're on 9r1.) If you really just want to dump fields from the database, I'd suggest using the AQL tool in Inspector to generate the SQL for you. You can go, run a Select * from <Object> (or just the fields you need), and click the Generate SQL button. The DB Connector SQL files only run a single query at a time, so you'd have to create several files, but I assume you're just looking for a limited subset of objects anyway. That'll give you SQL that'll pull the proper fields from the DB. As far as the configuration files go, you'll need to set them up to connect to the Buyer DB, but it's a relatively straightforward process.

Is that what you're looking for?

(Note that there are several other ways to accomplish basically this same thing, but this seems to best match what you're looking for.)

Edit: I probably should have mentioned this upfront, but we never ever recommend directly accessing the Buyer database. Perhaps somebody has a better suggestion?

Maynor MENDIZABAL Newbie

Hello Lars,

Have you tried invoking the ITK commands via a Scheduled Task? You can automate the export and load process by invoking the ITK commands through scheduled tasks parameters and existing 9r1 API methods.

You can accomplish this by writting a custom scheduled task class that will invoke the Runtime.getRuntime().exec() method.

Best regards,

Maynor Mendizabal

Lars De Jong Expert

Hi  Maynor,

Thanks for the information.

I have been able to use the Sample files that Ariba has and create another Export, but I am not sure what command I need to to use in the following, specifically in the aribafiletransfer.jar command:

java -classpath %ARIBA_JDBC_DRIVER_DIR%\db2jcc.jar;%ARIBA_JDBC_DRIVER_DIR%\db2jcc_license_cu.jar -Djava.ext.dirs=%ARIBA_JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext;%ARIBA_JDBC_DRIVER_DIR% -jar %ARIBA_ITOOLKIT_HOME%\classes\aribafiletransfer.jar erpExport -config %ARIBA_ITOOLKIT_HOME%\

When I run this the transfer thinks I am going to transfer this to Oracle, and when I remove the 'erpExport' the system errors out.

Any ideas, all I want it to do is download the data into a CSV file.

Regards

Lars

Lars De Jong Expert

HI,

Can anyone help me, I seem to be getting further with this each day, but now I need to know what I need to change the following command to so that it does only an Export for my Ariba DB not trying to Export from my ERP:

ARIBA_ITOOLKIT_HOME%\classes\aribafiletransfer.jar erpExport -config

This is in the .Bat file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated?

Regards

Lars