5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2011 12:38 AM by Pranesh Mehta

Invoice Tax and Freight Reporting Question

Brian Levow Master

Does anyone know if it is possible to run a report in P2P that shows the tax and freight that a supplier billed on an invoice?  I couldn't find it anywhere, and it seems ridiculous that I can't get at that information so I'm wondering if I am overlooking something.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• Re: Invoice Tax and Freight Reporting Question
          Srini Varadarajan Master

Presume you are using OnDemand solution?

CD customers can write AQL to pull that info.

Brian Levow Master

Yes, you are correct.  We are using P2P on-demand.

Pranesh Mehta Expert

Hi Brian,

if you are looking for tax and shipping variances on the IR object, there is a prepackaged report which shows all types of invoice exception and you may filter it by Tax and Freight variances and save it, to run the same report again.

And if you want to view all invoices having tax and freight irrespective of the exception on the invoice object.I am not very sure if there is any pre packaged report for this but you may try to build an analytical report, need to check if it is possible as you may have it added as a line, header or a line item, you will want to pull all of them.

let me know if you need any further help

Brian Levow Master

I'm not looking for variances.  I'm looking for a report that can show me all of my invoices and the information on those invoices (subtotal, tax, freight, etc.)  I didn't see any of those data elements available in any invoice-related fact table when I tried to create my own analytical report.  I find it shocking that there doesn't appear to be any way to get basic invoice information out of the system.  That's why I posted this, because it is still possible that I just don't know how to do it.  Any advice?

Pranesh Mehta Expert

When creating an Analytical Report you will find a field LineType on the Invoice Fact, Add this field as a Detail View and Generate a Report After which you can filter it to view Only Tax and Freight charges on the report.

As far as i remember this would give you all, header and Line level Taxes and Freight, however you may want to test it once to see if it has both Line and Header level charges on the report.

Let me know if this header or lines aren't available, we may try to find an alternative way for this.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pranesh Mehta