Yeah, in general, calculated fields don't export. If you want that field, there's two things you can do:
1) Just add it in Excel! Of course, you'd have to do it every time you export. So:
2) Build a custom Excel template for the report so it will appear in the report every time you export.
The basic steps:
1) Export the report using the Export button.
2) Add the calculation on the data worksheet. There should be a column at the end of the list for your formulas. You only need to add the formula to the first data row. (You should see a placeholder)
3) Save this report to your computer.
4) In the report, click Actions | Configure Export
5) Select the link below the list of templates to Upload a new template. Add your file.
6) In the future, when you export, it should propagate your formula for all data rows and you'll have your calculated field.
These are from memory, so I might have a few of the details off. Let me know if that works or not!
I need to test this, although it sounds not like a step that i could easily teach users
However, still, I used the "configure export" and I actually clicked "export current table content". The result is:
- Report in Ariba looks like this:
- Column 1: Spend (a figure out of the system)
- Column 2: PO % ( a figures calculated with simple calculation)
- Export to Excel:
- Column 1: as above
- Column 2: A % figures much different from the one in the above.
That's strange. When I export a report with calculated fields, I don't get that column in my report at all. Is your calculated field a user-defined field that you created or one of the calculations we provide? If you created it, can you share the formula with me? I'd love to test this out on my end.
Oh, I see what you're saying now. It attempts to export the field to the Pivot Table, I was just looking for it on the Data sheet. The calculation I tested worked okay, so if you can share yours, I'll see how it looks on my end.
I am using the following formula:
It might be that I have to export botht he fields that I am using fo rthe calculation for % to be exported correctly. So far, I have only exported 1 of the fields used in the calculation.
I'd try exporting both. It looks like the calculation formula is exported and recomputed in Excel (as opposed to exporting the results of the calculation).
Looks like we had a bug in our system. It works now. The calcualted field is available directly after the export in the "pivot table", not in the data sheet. (which is actually better).