14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 11:56 PM by Jick Flaviano

Create Contract Request is missing

Jick Flaviano Expert

Please see attached image regarding this. Have run the ContractRequestPull from inspector but only encounters an error because no file has been placed to the desired folder location but I don't have any sample excel file to start with. Is there any way for the Contract Request be visible in the UI? Please help.

untitled.PNG

• Re: Create Contract Request is missing
          Tim Fabiniak Master

Make sure the user has permissions? Try adding them to Contract Agent.

Jick Flaviano Expert

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. 

I'm using an Admin account which already belongs to Contract Agent group and has the following permission.

QueryMyContract
              QueryAllContract
              EditContractRequest
              EditMilestoneTracker
              ACWProAuthorized
              CreateContract
              DashboardAuthorized

But still the create Contract Request is not visible.

nareshk Expert

Hi Jick

Do you have an integrated Upstream? If so, Contract Request will not be available in the Create Menu as it has to be initiated through a Contract Workspace in Upstream and not directly in Buyer.

Also, You can check your ApprovableType.csv in the corresponding partition and check the entry for ContractRequest for the "Permission" column. May be it will give a clue on the problem.

Thanks

Naresh K.

Jick Flaviano Expert

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for the reply. With don't have an integrated Upstream. Is there any way for the Contract Request to be available in the Create Menu without having an integrated Upstream?

nareshk Expert

Hi Jick

If you dont have an integrated upstream and ACC is enabled in the site profile, then I feel something has go to do with the permission setup for the ContractRequest cluster root. You can check your ApprovableType cluster root in inspector for the contact request type and see what is the permission defined there.. And check if the user that you are testing with has that permission.

Thanks

Naresh

Jick Flaviano Expert

Hi Naresh,

I've checked the inspector and the permission defined there is "CreateContract" and the User that I'm using for testing is an Admin account which already has that permission to create, query and edit a Contract Request.

Again, thank you for your response.

nareshk Expert

Hi Jick

This is really strange!! You definitely have to be able to see that in the menu. Just to confirm some more, are you able to see the Contract and Contract Request approvables listed under the Search category atleast.

Also, you may have already verified this, but in case if you haven't, in your screen shot, I see that you have contracts tab. Switch to that tab and then see what is the content that is visible there. May be your dashboard setting are different. If you don't have an integrated Upstream and if ACC is not enabled, then you should not see contracts tab at all. If you are able to see, then you definitely should be able to see the contract request under Create.

Thanks

Naresh

Jick Flaviano Expert

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for your quick response! Yes, I'm  able to see the Contract and Contract Request under the Search list category. I've attached here a screen shot of what appeared at the Dashboard when I switched to Contract tab. What setting do I need to change  regarding my dashboard?

DashboarMain.jpg

nareshk Expert

Hi Jick

Your dashboard settings seem fine as you are able to see Manage --> contracts and contract Request and contract objects in the Search portlet. So, the only suspect is with permissions. See if you can modify the Permission attribute to "Internal" for ContractRequest cluster root and try again. If that does not work too, am completely out of ideas and an SR with Ariba only could help.

Thanks

Naresh

Jick Flaviano Expert

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for all of your ideas/suggestions regarding this issue.   An SME from Ariba checked our but found nothing unusual aside from the Contract Request module. So he suggested that we should reconfigure the Buyer, it worked! Though it's not that easy to reconfigure the buyer. Anyways, the Contract Request is now available under the Create Menu list.

Again, Thanks for sharing your ideas! 

Pranesh Mehta Expert

also, try checking the following.

1) Go to CoreAdmin > edit profile and check if contract compliance is enabled... if not enabling the same should resolve the issue....