3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 12:12 PM by Tim Fabiniak

No-Release BPO - Invoice Approvals

Gretchen Harms Expert

We have invoice approvals set up on our no-release BPO's. Currently Ariba can only support one user name in this approval flow, using the Contact Name field. No groups or hierarchies can be set up for approvals on these invoices. Does anyone else have a business need for groups or hierarchies to be available for approval flow on no-release BPO invoices? We have an ER for this 1-BNTC33. Thanks.

• Re: No-Release BPO - Invoice Approvals
          Tim Fabiniak Master

Gretchen-

Do you happen to know why they can't create this approval rule?

Gretchen Harms Expert

Hi, Tim. I believe the answer I got was "system limitation".

Tim Fabiniak Master

There's a field called IsBlanketPurchaseOrder which isn't usable in this case, I think it only works on release-order BPOs (which might be the system limitation in question), but you might be able to get there by being clever. I did some really quick testing and found something which seems to work for a couple test cases. That said, I have not fully verified that this works and there may be a reason why it does not, but I'd start here.

This is an approval node I built on the Invoice rules. Here's a screenshot:

Non-Release BPO Approval Rule.png

There are two tests: 1) does the contract ID start with BPO (using this instead of the IsBPO field) and 2) is the BPO directly invoiceable (which should keep it from firing against release-order BPOs).

Again, I can't verify 100% whether this works or if the system limitation they mentioned will cause issues here. Note that this is done on the Invoice, not the Invoice Reconciliation (which might be a better option), but you had said you were looking for it on the Invoice. I'm afraid I don't really have the bandwidth right now to do a full testing cycle on this. Hopefully somebody else from Ariba can chime in on whether this should work... or why it doesn't.

1 of 1 people found this helpful