5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 6:33 AM by Tim Fabiniak

Question on Reverse auctions:

ciabell Expert

Question on Reverse auctions -

Our current auction template setup used bid decrements, and for some reason when auction is in open bidding mode, the auction allows for bids to go from positive amounts to negative amounts. How do I build my auction to NOT accept negative amounts?

ex. Decrement: 50 -

bid entered: 30

The auction will follow the bid decrement rule and enter -20(negtative 20) as a bid. We want the auction to refuse any negative amounts being entered.

Ariba should return an error.

Is there options or setup I should do. Please advise.

Thanks you

Dominic C.

• Re: Question on Reverse auctions:
          Tim Fabiniak Master

You should be able to do it by editing the Price Item Term. This has already been done in the standard templates I use, but you should be able to add it to yours. When you're building the item, click on Price and select Edit. (This is in the box labeled Item Terms.)

From there, you just set the minimum to zero using the Range field. See the screenshot I've attached.

Non-Zero Price.png

It might make sense to change that at the template level rather than the event level so you don't need to change it again in the future. Let me know if you need some help doing that.

ciabell Expert

Hi Tim,

I am fairly new to Sourcing 9R1. In Sourcing 4.4 (previous version we were working with 3 mths ago), setting a range for positive values was not necessary.

I knew that in 9R1 I could set a range to accomplish what I wanted to achieve, but I wanted to know if there was a setting I was missing that would achieve my goal without setting

a range. What I didn't know was you can set only 1 of the 2 ranges. I will test this morning.

Thank you very much.

Dominic.Cianfarra

Tel: 514-786-6050

email-courriel: dominic.cianfarra@bell.ca

Tim Fabiniak Master

That's the only way that I know of, but if it doesn't work for you, let me know, we'll figure it out.

ciabell Expert

Hi Tim,

I tested and it works fine. However, can you tell me if this is normal:

I wanted to implement this change in an auction which is in Preview - Some suppliers entered there prebids.

I updated the event by editing the price to add the range in each item. Completed the change.

I selected option - do not send email and keep responses

I received a message - The responses will be discarded - click ok to continue or cancel.

I clicked ok - by error and the responses were discarded.

Why did the app discard the responses when I clearly selected: do not send email and keep responses

Also, can you suggest any reading material or courses I can expand my knowledge specifically on the auction creation and auction options available.

Thanks again

Dominic.Cianfarra

Tel: 514-786-6050

email-courriel: dominic.cianfarra@bell.ca

Tim Fabiniak Master

I might defer on some of this. I believe there are cases where the responses cannot be kept - in this case, because you changed the rules for how things are priced, that might be why it wouldn't let you keep responses. I'll let somebody else who perhaps knows better clarify.

As far as learning more about the tool, there's plenty of material in our help system about it, but if you want something more structured, you can find a lot of good material around Exchange. See if you can get access to the Best Practice group - they do a lot of demos and post the recordings here. We also do day-long training classes that you might find useful. I don't see the Auctions class on the schedule, but if you're interested, shoot me a message and I'll get you some more info.